Different drug testing options

Nurses Recovery

Published

Cn anyone explain to me the different drug testing options 1-4 and what they each mean? Also... how often do you guys get hair and blood tested? Just trying to budget all this out and see what I will be paying each month. Thanks!

That's pretty hard to do. It depends on your history. We don't have 1-4 here, we have A, B, C. I was a straight opiate addict who had a clean hair and fingernail test at my evaluation for IPN. I had been sober nearly 2 years when I was evaluated. I get option C ( $55 ) bi-monthly. Don't ask me what that is, I assume it's drugs. But, my friends run the gamut. Some get pEth tests, etc.. And one get's a hair test every 3 months ( $300 ) in addition to bi-monthly Cs ($55). What was your DOC? Did you come in kicking and screaming? Are you a chronic relapser with a BON history? What is your specialty, are you working in a high risk area? Those are all factors and a lot of it unfolds as you go.

So, I say keep $300 in your affinity account at all times, if possible.

That's pretty hard to do. It depends on your history. We don't have 1-4 here, we have A, B, C. I was a straight opiate addict who had a clean hair and fingernail test at my evaluation for IPN. I had been sober nearly 2 years when I was evaluated. I get option C ( $55 ) bi-monthly. Don't ask me what that is, I assume it's drugs. But, my friends run the gamut. Some get pEth tests, etc.. And one get's a hair test every 3 months ( $300 ) in addition to bi-monthly Cs ($55). What was your DOC? Did you come in kicking and screaming? Are you a chronic relapser with a BON history? What is your specialty, are you working in a high risk area? Those are all factors and a lot of it unfolds as you go.

So, I say keep $300 in your affinity account at all times, if possible.

My DOC was opiates. At the time, I was working ER. I'm almost done with my outpatient treatment where they diagnosed me with "mild opiate disorder" in my evaluation. No kicking and screaming. I have been extremely cooperative. Just gonna try to keep under the radar and jump through all their hoops. I'm in South Carolina so I don't know if it varies state to state.

I definitely think it varies by state so someone from your state would be the most helpful. I'm in Texas, was in ER nursing, went to home health after monitoring but now I'm back to ER, and I've never had a hair, blood or nails, just urine. Roughly twice a month but not regular, sometimes 3, rarely 1, at $55/test if I go to a Quest. If I pick a different lab, each lab adds an additional lab fee, like a other $25. I stick with Quest.

I wish I could give you a more concrete answer. They lady in my group who gets every three month hair samples was a first time IPN participant. She came voluntarily to be treated for opiate addiction, stayed 9 months between inpatient and IOP. But, she was an admitted workaholic. I don't know why her contract was written up to include hair samples so often. I do know that her treatment center had a say in what her contract entailed. There's no one size fits all with regard to testing options. They only one size fits all seems to be length of contracts for opiate addicts and restrictions. The rest is a mystery and they keep it that way on purpose. You just have to wait and see how it goes for you and then you'll better be able to budget.

+ Add a Comment