Why aren't the duties of the position posted? <rant-y>

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in Emergency.

So I've been submitting applications, a frustrating experience with HR gate keeping software sending constant auto replies. Gah!! Most of us have been there.

A position is available that is of a discipline or department that isn't directly familiar and you wonder, "gee, maybe my experience would be relevant in this role," but when you look at the job description you see:

This job is responsible for providing a wide variety of professional nursing services which focus on the provision of quality patient care consistent with Unnamed Health System standards/values, applicable regulatory requirements and scope of practice for the nursing profession.

This is literally the entire description, unless you count the company mission statement in which every company seems to think itself unique. Someone explain this to me as a description for EVERY job posted on the website. Are they just trying to **** with my mind?

Who else has battled this? What are your experiences and stories?

Specializes in Med/Surg, Academics.

You might check over your resume to determine if it has the correct keywords to get through the auto-selection process. I don't know what it was about my last bedside resume, but I was getting emails for relevant positions for about three to four weeks after posting it on Indeed.

Specializes in Critical Care; Cardiac; Professional Development.

Usually when there is no description I assume it is a floor nursing position or that they are hiring internally but required to post it.

Specializes in Emergency.

@not.done.yet

The internal hiring/required to post it makes sense with the lack of any job description. Thanks.

@Dudette

I try to do that as well, but man...it is frustrating.

+ Add a Comment