Any new grad moms out there?

Nurses New Nurse

Published

I know I can't be the only new grad momma out there so I decided to jump on here and see if anyone else out there is a new grad nurse with kiddos?

I have two sons and sometimes I am afraid thinking about how they will handle this new change of me being gone for 12.5 hours out of a day without seeing me. It's almost as if they won't see me at all the days that I work. How do you guys deal with that?

Do you guys have any advice on how you can make the most out of your time when you have kiddos at home?

For my first 8 weeks I will be working 7a-7p, so I will see them for dinner and bedtime; however, after the 8 weeks I will be switching over to 11a-11p. I actually prefer this mid shift since I can see them in the mornings and get them ready for school and drop them off.

Anyways, does anyone have any advice out there? If so, drop it below.

Thank you so much

XO

I have three kids and they are adjusting just fine so far. I've been home with them all since they were born (youngest is 5) other than nursing school which was just 1.5 days a week. I thought it was going to be much harder than it was. I feel slightly disconnected only because I'm not at their schools 5 days a week which I was before and losing control of the dinner situation and bedtime has been hard but overall, I think it's going really well. Most days I see 2 of the kids before I leave for work and I'm almost always home to put them to bed. They are so busy with school and sports in between that only the 5 year old really feels the impact of me being gone 12.5 hours a day.

+ Add a Comment