Possession charges

Nurses Criminal

Published

Ok. So I self reported to the bon regarding a possesion of a controlled substance a misdemeanor and a felony charge. They sent me back a letter saying I need to send in paperwork of the outcome at court otherwise they close the case after 90 days and may reopen it after I go to court.

I have been arrested for possession charges one I was convicted of this month it was possession of a dangerous drug a class A misdemeanor. I had another charge possession of a prohibited substance in a correctional facility a felony that charge was dismissed completely but apparently still appears on my background check. I had another interview on Monday they said they were going to hire me and told me to be at orientation this Wednesday but called me and told me they'd decided not to pursue my application... When I asked them why she got rude and replied because we just decided not to pursue it. I am devastated. I was so excited to have a job again it's been about 7 months now since I've had a job. I feel like giving up. I know I am so much better than the mistake I made! I am a good nurse with no drug habit. I'm not addicted to anything heck I don't even like to drink because it makes me feel weird. I am not this horrible person that deserves unemployment because of one horrible mistake. Any words of encouragement?

My lawyers have said it can take up to a year to go to court. I was going to enroll into tpapn but I have been unemployed ever since I got the charges. I walked away from my job at the time because I was scared they would think I was an addict or unfit to work. My question is is it ok to work now until I go to court or is it going to be impossible with these pending charges?

What was the process of this did you ever have to appear before the BON? I have a pending criminal charge I need to self report and am not sure what to expect next?

I found a job! 😊

I was going to enroll myself into the TPAPN program which is VERY expensive but ultimately decided nor to do that. Instead I decided to report myself to the BON first explaining all the charges and that I was willing to to whatever it took to keep my license including any programs they had to offer. After I went to court Indent them all the paperwork explaining I am on probation for 1 year and the BON dismissed all my charges, no monitoring program or anything!!! Ia SO glad I decided to self report to the BON first. It saved me a lot of money and heartache. Good luck to you! I know the process can be very scary.

Did you have a lawyer help you navigate this? I self reported but I know my charges are going to be reduced, I am wondering how long it took you to go through all of this? I wish I could message you privately to get more info!

Is it possible to exchange email addresses

I did not have an attorney. I could not afford one. When I self reported I claimed responsibility for the charges and explained that I would be willing to fully cooperate with the BON even if it meant going through the TPAPN program I also told them id be willing to do a hair follicle drug screen to prove I was sober. Best of luck to you! I know this is a very scary process. From finish to start it took about 8 months to get the case closed and find the job I have now. It really made me appreciate my job more than ever.

+ Add a Comment