BOH requests additional documents after granting temp license

U.S.A. California

Published

Specializes in public health.

I received my temporary license on 3/12, then a week later I got a letter saying that they need my transcripts (which I already sent) that prove I have taken psychology, social sciences and oral communication. I am getting my DNP in a couple of months. I don't remember taking any psychology or oral communication class. Do I really have to take them?

Specializes in Psych ICU, addictions.

If you want California to license you, then you need to do as they ask.

What a slap in the face! California has to be SO extremely difficult. I feel like if you can work as a nurse in one state, that should apply to every other.

im kind of in a similar situation. Will they let you work with your temp while taking those classes? What did you end up doing?

The purpose of a temporary permit, in any state, is to let you start working, on the assumption that you will meet the requirements, while they do the full investigation of your background and education in order to determine whether you qualify for full, permanent licensure. If something comes up during that larger investigation that raises questions, they are going to ask you for further documentation.

As already noted, if you want to get licensed in CA, you'll need to meet their requirements.

+ Add a Comment