TPAPN program and what to expect?

Nurses Recovery

Published

Hello all. I have been an LVN for 5 years now and recently stumbled into some trouble. I am not proud of this but I recently was charged with 2 counts of possession of a controlled substance. One hydrocodone was found in my vehicle and another was found in the jail after I was booked resulting in a misdemeanor possession charge and a felony charge for controlled substance in a facility. I have self referred myself to TPAPN hoping it would help me keep my license and just finished writing to the BON.... Here are my questions.... Has anyone gone through something like this before? What was the outcome? Were you able to keep your nursing license?? I'm so scared that I'm going to lose everything I've worked so hard for. It is literally making me sick.

Why the double post?

Yes there are lots of us that have stumbled! You are not alone. Feeling sick with worry, grief, embarrassment, (this list goes on and on), is just part of messing up. You'll need to focus on taking care of yourself, so you can deal with the legal issues as well as with the BON. I'm in monitoring for my 2nd time both for DWI (etoh). I was able to get a felony charge reduced, and go into TPAPN. Proof that it is possible. Your fight is just beginning, I really feel for you because the stress is overwhelming at times. For me I got good Lawyer, I self referred to TPAPN only when I knew I was pleading my case in court. Took 8 months, then reported to BON. Tough road ahead but you can succeed so don't give up hope. Lot of good support on this forum, keep posting, ...Peace

By the Grace of God I didn't have legal issues outside of the BNE. I am also a returning alumni to TPAPN. 8 months and 24 days left on a 5 Year contract. In the beginning it is so scary. Get an attorney thy may get that felony reduced. This won't be easy and it may save your life. You have tons of support here. If you are an addict get in treatment and get some support. Follow TPAPN guidelines. It's a pain at times but it won't kill you! This too shall pass. They aren't going to take your license. Actually the fact that you weren't at work putting patients at risk is a plus in all of this! You got this.

By the Grace of God I didn't have legal issues outside of the BNE. I am also a returning alumni to TPAPN. 8 months and 24 days left on a 5 Year contract. In the beginning it is so scary. Get an attorney thy may get that felony reduced. This won't be easy and it may save your life. You have tons of support here. If you are an addict get in treatment and get some support. Follow TPAPN guidelines. It's a pain at times but it won't kill you! This too shall pass. They aren't going to take your license. Actually the fact that you weren't at work putting patients at risk is a plus in all of this! You got this.

Thank you.

Yes there are lots of us that have stumbled! You are not alone. Feeling sick with worry, grief, embarrassment, (this list goes on and on), is just part of messing up. You'll need to focus on taking care of yourself, so you can deal with the legal issues as well as with the BON. I'm in monitoring for my 2nd time both for DWI (etoh). I was able to get a felony charge reduced, and go into TPAPN. Proof that it is possible. Your fight is just beginning, I really feel for you because the stress is overwhelming at times. For me I got good Lawyer, I self referred to TPAPN only when I knew I was pleading my case in court. Took 8 months, then reported to BON. Tough road ahead but you can succeed so don't give up hope. Lot of good support on this forum, keep posting, ...Peace

It's not taken me 6 months to report to the bon because I have been so nervous. I did resign from my job and haven't worked since then as a nurse. I am going to try to get the felony dropped down to a misdemeanor, fingers crossed for that. I just want my normal life back and to get back to helping people again. This has been the worst 6 months of my life

+ Add a Comment