3 Tests in 5 days!!!

Nurses Recovery

Published

This program is starting to financially bleed me dry hard core! I've been selected for my 3rd drug screening in FIVE days. And the kicker? Two of them are super expensive blood tests.

For the past year, it's been averaging one a week. Maybe one blood test a month. Now Wednesday I get hit with blood, Thursday I get hit with a pricey urine, and today I get hit with another blood! I'm clean as a whistle, there is absolutely nothing to find. So I'm not stressing about a positive, but I AM stressing about paying $375 in a five business day span.

The only change is that they are voting to take me off of a narc restriction today. I straight up just emailed my case manager, asking her if that was the cause of the uptick. I mean, I'd rather it be a temporary increase rather than a new standard for the next four years. It was expensive enough before...but even working as a nurse with a contributing spouse, I can't afford to keep up this pace indefinitely. That's like a moderate car payment weekly!!!

I doubt I will hear back from my CM. Maybe it will hurt me to have even asked. Whatever. But this has me terrified for my finances and the ability to feed my family AND keep the utilities on.

ETA: no dilutes, no positives...ever

Do you all have it stated in your contracts how many drug screens you will have per year? I mean, good grief! If you get picked 7 times in 2 weeks, how many do you do in a year's time? That sounds absolutely ridiculous.

No, my contract doesn't have number of tests listed. In the program's mandatory orientation at the start of monitoring they said the average participant has 50 to 54 a year. But they do not tell us our individual number.

Specializes in OR.

Mine states "24 to 27 times per year" but every now and again they throw in an extra suprise guinea pig type thing that's more expensive that "everybody is getting." It works out to roughly twice a month. My state is fond of boiler plate contracts that everyone gets regardless of how or why they landed in this sewer. I suspect it's because they supposedly go off of the "recommendations" of whatever joke of a rehab they've funneled you into and there's only a few of those that are "approved." (Imagine that!) Naturally, since the pathetically useless/overpriced carpool to AA meetings/utterly expensive babysitting/psychological hostage-taking situations that they "approve" of are also the same lazy ****** that financially profit from sticking substance abuse labels on people that get sent to them for so-called ‘evaluations,' it stands to reason that they ‘recommend' a boiler plate set of particulars on a contract. I think we have all reasoned that the programs and certain rehab facilities (at least in some states) are very cozy with each other.

Indeed Cats!!!

+ Add a Comment