Affinity codes

Nurses Recovery

Published

Specializes in Med/Surg & Psych.

Anyone know what test code tests for what in Affinity? My first test was 1350-3 but today I was selected for 1350-1. The price was different.

I'm not worried about failing, I would just like to know what I am and am not being tested for.

Thanks guys!

In my program, the codes are "Top Secret". If we fail one, they won't let us know what the fail is for...because they do not want it getting out what they are testing for. Other programs do disclose what you fail for...But as for knowing exactly every single thing a specific panel tests for, that's going to be pretty difficult to find out.

For example, someone may be told they failed a certain panel due to alcohol, but even that information won't tell you if that panel tests for more than alcohol. They would only be told about the fact that alcohol was on it, not whatever else it may test for.

It's going to be very difficult to find an accurate and trustworthy answer to your question.

Specializes in OR.

I've had the same flipping code for the whole time....7 something something -C. It's probably some 12 panel whatever. I personally don't care at this point because there's nothing to be found. It was $42 when I started then it jumped to $55. I guess the Affinity shareholders weren't making enough money. One time they smacked everyone with an $80 SUPRISE!!!! That one took like 10-14 days to come back and every one in the NSG was splitting thier wig. Besides the expense, no one knew what it was for or why and the only explanation anyone got from their CM was "oh, everyone's getting it." What the...? What are we? Guinea pigs for them to try new tests on. That was just BS.

Specializes in Med/Surg & Psych.

That's the worst! you never know how much $ your going to need to shell out!

That's the worst! you never know how much $ your going to need to shell out!

No, you really don't. Mine is pretty varied: $32, $58, $64, $90, $150. Not counting any collection site fees. Pee, blood...no hair yet. There is zero use for me guessing because I rarely have the same panel twice in a row.

Anyone know what test code tests for what in Affinity? My first test was 1350-3 but today I was selected for 1350-1. The price was different.

I'm not worried about failing, I would just like to know what I am and am not being tested for.

Thanks guys!

I had the same two codes with my testing. I'm not sure what your doc was (or if you have one) but I believe the less expensive test is either just for etg or a panel without etg and the more expensive is a panel plus etg. Alcohol was my doc, so I was always tested for etg. I was in the Indiana program, as well.

+ Add a Comment