got the flu twice in 1 month!

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Hey guys my preceptorship is in the pediatric emergency department. It's fantastic! But I'm in the middle of my 2nd flu. This time I opted on no tamiflu and it's about the same. I spike 103-104 F fevers when motrin wears off. Anyway so I wear the face mask at all times in the ED, change it every few hours, drink airborne, take good vitamins, try to get 7 hrs sleep, but still getting sick. Anyone know something better than Airborne? I'm only half way through my preceptorship... thank you.

Oops forgot to say the most important thing..I do wash my hands before and after each pt or use the sanitizer.

Specializes in Rehab, Ortho-Spine, Med-Surg, & Psych.

Hello!

Try Dayquil ...or... Dayquil HBP (if you have high blood pressure)

However, do follow the recommendations found in: Vicks DayQuil FAQ

Specializes in ED, Pedi Vasc access, Paramedic serving 6 towns.

Hi,

Airborne has never been proven to be effective, as a matter of fact I believe they got sued for falsely advertising that it does.

Anyway, working in the ER you will get sick no matter what you do! Washing your hands 100 times an hour, wearing a mask, and sometimes even a gown will help, but when you are new in the ER you will get sick no matter what you do.

When I started in the ER, the first winter, I literally had a new virus every week, and I am not exaggerating! It was only the first year and now I hardly even get sick, so there is a pay off.

Just please stop wasting your money on vitamins and other garbage products, they do not help!

Annie

+ Add a Comment