Would a long term/geriatric nurse benefit from reading a critical care book?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in Geriatrics w/rehab, LTC, hospice patient.

So, as I was cleaning amongst my NUMEROUS books from nursing school, I found that I somehow acquired two critical care books, one for progressive care and one for the icu, both published by American Association of Critical Care Nurses. However, I'm working in a long term care/rehab center so a lot of the information is not pertinent to my current position. I would, however, like to make the move to acute care sometime, so was wondering if reading the information may be beneficial in assisting me in having successful interviews as well as if I end up getting a job. What are your thoughts? Is it a good use of my time?

So, as I was cleaning amongst my NUMEROUS books from nursing school, I found that I somehow acquired two critical care books, one for progressive care and one for the icu, both published by American Association of Critical Care Nurses. However, I'm working in a long term care/rehab center so a lot of the information is not pertinent to my current position. I would, however, like to make the move to acute care sometime, so was wondering if reading the information may be beneficial in assisting me in having successful interviews as well as if I end up getting a job. What are your thoughts? Is it a good use of my time?

Anyone reading anything is a good use of time ...so I would say yes.

+ Add a Comment