Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application

Specialties Advanced

Published

Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012.

Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for that!

Any word for any ACNP applicants? Or anyone else? These nerves are killing me!

The mail already came today and i didn't get anything:( I did call and ask about when we (ACNP applicants) might hear...if you received an email that said your file is complete and ready for faculty review then you should be getting a letter (via mail) any day now. good luck to everyone still waiting!

Did everyone get an email at some point telling them their file was ready for review?

I think I did but it was literally a few weeks after I submitted my app in December.

I'm from NYC. I got my BS in Biology and Psychology. I actually wasn't expecting to get into many schools because I graduated with a 2.96 gpa. However, i did spend a year retaking prereq classes and got all A's, so im sure that really helped. I also have 2 years exp in the mental health field so that, along with great recommendations, probably boosted my application.

Where else did you apply?

Hey BigM, sounds like you got it rough. You have to chose between Vanderbilt and a top Ivy League school. Poor you, Haahaa. Honestly I know it is a tough decision for you. However, I am a PMHNP hopeful who hasn't heard yet. So if I was to find out that I got wait listed I think you should go with Columbia. If I'm fortunate enough, like you, to get an acceptance letter, then I say come to Vanderbilt and let's be classmates. Again, kidding. Anyhow, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing which state you live in and if you wouldn't mind providing any stats for some of us PMHNP hopefuls. Most of all, congratulations on your acceptance and your problem seems to be a good one to have. There doesn't appear to be a bad decision either way. Great Job!

@Rob_RN

I'm from NYC. I got my BS in Biology and Psychology. I actually wasn't expecting to get into many schools because I graduated with a 2.96 gpa. However, i did spend a year retaking prereq classes and got all A's, so im sure that really helped. I also have 2 years exp in the mental health field so that, along with great recommendations, probably boosted my application.

Where else did you apply?

Hey guys!I am new to this forum, and I am waiting on a decision letter for the 1 year FNP program. Is that the program that you other FNP acceptances are referring too? Congrats to all regardless! If it is though, would you mind to share what you applied with as far as RN experience, gpa, and GRE scores? I graduate nursing school in May so I'm curious as to whether they typically take new grads or not. Good lucj to all of you who are still waiting like me :)

Specializes in FNP: Urgent Care & Primary Care; RN: Med-Surg.

What apartments are some of you looking at. I have come across Tremont because it has a couple of positive reviews. But you never know who wrote them.

I did when my application was complete, but that was in December.

@AnaLong, I currently live in Nashville, and there are several places close to campus. I'm not sure of your budget, but Bell Hillsboro Village is about 2-3 blocks from and is a great complex. Wesley Place apartments are right across the street from Vandy's campus, and I've heard great things about them too. If you want to look more into the Belle Meade area, Chowning Square is another good place to check out!

@Analong and other :) I, too live in Nashville and if you need any other suggestions or locations let me know :) I am in East Nashville and love it--- it is about 15 minutes or less without traffic to Vanderbilt. Otherwise it can take about 30 minutes with traffic. Green Hills, Hillsboro VIllage etc... all good places-- just gotta look for good deals.

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I just found out yesterday that I was accepted to the FNP specialty. Now, I'm just torn between and Columbia. Still waiting to hear back from all the West Coast schools (where I'm from). My final decision is still up in the air, but it's great to know that I have a seat somewhere. I also noticed the deposit was relatively cheap compared to other schools, only $200! Good luck to everyone!

+ Add a Comment