Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013

U.S.A. New York

Published

Hey all! Just wanted to lend my support to anyone else who is applying to SB next summer! It's a grueling process :-)):yeah:

There are a few boards for it but they're all rather old. I started one I think late last year but there was little interest in it.

Hey guys, I'm also waiting for the 2-year results! I didn't go to Stony Brook, I went to St. Joseph's and finished my pre-reqs at Suffolk. I'm looking forward to hearing back, and hope I have a better result with the 2 year program =)

Yes I live in Suffolk too :) It's nice to talk to people that are awaiting a decision just like me. I'm glad I discovered this forum!

Yay, same here!

Did you guys apply elsewhere, or just Stony Brook?

@ Mindylane,

I applied to Farmingdale, Nassau, Suffolk, Molloy and Stonybrook 2 year. I'm taking the Pax Entrance Exam for Farmingdale later this month and am just waiting to hear back from the others! How about you?

Hey Mindylane,

I am also taking the pax entrance exam for farmingdale! when are you taking it? I wonder how long it takes after taking the test to get the decision on acceptance....

kmurt,

I think you're talking to me about the PAX, I don't see mindylane saying she is taking it anywhere, but if you were asking me, I am taking it on March 16th or 17th (i forget which day I registered for!) and am a little nervous. The "practice" exam was asking VERY technical questions about medication that is pretty much everything I would think I'd learn IN nursing school. So i'm gonna get a review book I think. How about you??

Opps I did mean to write to you! Im takin the pax march 17th ... I bought the review book and have been studying.. Its def tough theres 3 sections verbal math and science.. Its not easy!!

Hey, sorry guys!

Good luck with your pax exam. I did not apply to Farmingdale, but will definitely consider it for next year if I don't get in to SBU this year. I think I'm also going to apply to Molloy and possibly NCC/SCC next year.

I think we only have just a few more weeks to wait to hear from SBU! At least, I hope...

Just want to pop back in and say Hello! I want to share my wishes of peace for those placed on the alternate list for the accelerated and us waiting on admissions decisions for the 2 year program! Every now and then I forget that sooner rather than later I'll be blindsided by the admissions decision (as I was for the accelarated, considering it came weeks before it was expected!) and then I remember and the anxiety sets in. For those of you who applied to Suffolk and Molloy, have you heard anything? I'm still waiting on those decisions and was wondering if anyone had heard anything!

Solar is down... maybe they're updating admissions decisions?!?!?!?!?!?

I doubt it... but I remain hopeful...

Has anyone from the alternate list for the 1 year been offered a spot yet? I'm still waiting and also hopeful for an acceptance to the 2 year program. Come on decisions!!!!!!!

+ Add a Comment