<Information about Touro Nevada>

U.S.A. Nevada

Published

hi everyone!

i got accepted to touro nevada today and wanted to know if any students/anyone knew any specifics about the program? i.e. class/clinical scheduling, academic work load, curriculum, and is as ridiculously as complicated/difficult as the faculty made it seem during my interview...i have said before that they made it seem way too tough or either really good, i am still not sure which one to go with! i am excited though and interested in any information, which anybody can pass on! i was told about this specific camp thing that they are doing right before the july start, what is that all about? i still have not been told too much info about it from the college.

well thanks for your insights!

Specializes in Pediatric GI/Pulm.

Well folks,

I've been waitlisted - sort of bummed, but I'll take it, at least it's not a complete rejection. I just got an email today giving me the details of how the wait lists works, so I should know for sure by Aug. 31st. Think a lot of it depends on things like: students who do get accepted- if they actually follow through, can pay for it, acceptances or declines from students, etc. So we'll see, I don't give up that easily, so I'll keep my chin up and if I don't get in this round I'll apply again for spring :) And Congrats to all of you who have gotten in!!! :yeah:

2BJenurse- Waitlists arent such a bad thing, youre right at least its not a complete rejection. Did they tell you what number you were on the list?

To iicheninii:

Keep calling the admissions lady, she is hard to get a hold of sometimes, but is extremely helpful when you do. Leaving messages didn't seem to work very well for me, try calling at different times until you get a live person on the phone. She is also much quicker about answering emails than voice-mail messages, so I suggest you try that as well.

Better to call pester them now before the deadline, then find out later that the application wasn't complete. Remember, you paid a fee to apply, if you have questions about your application its their job to help you.

What he said.

I second this a gabillion times.

Good luck everyone else. This school is/seems more than competent but they're also private and want our $. So keep trying.

has anyone else received notification of acceptance, wait list, or rejection?

My app was submitted long ago, and still no word :( Guess Ill just keep my fingers crossed.....

has anyone else received notification of acceptance, wait list, or rejection?

My app was submitted long ago, and still no word :( Guess Ill just keep my fingers crossed.....

See above ...

See above ...

yes, but I know they have received my app. G assured me a couple weeks ago they had everything. I just haven't been notified of a decision yet and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat...

Specializes in IMC.
yes, but I know they have received my app. G assured me a couple weeks ago they had everything. I just haven't been notified of a decision yet and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat...

They've had my full application for 3 weeks now, and still no word, and I bother G---- a couple times a week. My guess would be, and this is entirely my guessing, that they are waiting until July 30 so that they have all the possible applications in.

They've had my full application for 3 weeks now, and still no word, and I bother G---- a couple times a week. My guess would be, and this is entirely my guessing, that they are waiting until July 30 so that they have all the possible applications in.

Once again this guy (JacobK) is right on the nose. The truth is that I think you all will have no problem getting in but they will continue to string people out until very end of the month. It's like the Mt. St. Mary's program here in LA. It literally costs twice as much as Touro and in a place that costs 50% more to live so they might be "competitive" in some ways but they have way less of an application pool than say UCLA.

Good luck.

Specializes in IMC.

July 30th has come and passed. Hopefully this week the rest of us will get some definitive answers.

Hi Everyone!

Well I found out that I wont be able to start untill the March due to financial reasons. But I did talk to G and she said everyone should hear right away if they are accepted, so if any of you are still wondering I would call her and ask, they might need something else from you. Anyways good luck to all of you! :)

just got an email from her and found out I am on the waitlist. I don't know how to feel. Disappointed to say the least because it wasn't the news I wanted to hear. She said they will notify me by aug 31 IF I am accepted. We'll see =(

Yes folks,

The official incoming class received emails from "G" yesterday. Congrats to those who've still been waiting to hear.

There was about 30 people give or take.

Good luck.

+ Add a Comment