<Information about Touro Nevada>

U.S.A. Nevada

Published

hi everyone!

i got accepted to touro nevada today and wanted to know if any students/anyone knew any specifics about the program? i.e. class/clinical scheduling, academic work load, curriculum, and is as ridiculously as complicated/difficult as the faculty made it seem during my interview...i have said before that they made it seem way too tough or either really good, i am still not sure which one to go with! i am excited though and interested in any information, which anybody can pass on! i was told about this specific camp thing that they are doing right before the july start, what is that all about? i still have not been told too much info about it from the college.

well thanks for your insights!

Specializes in Pediatric GI/Pulm.

JackieJane- CONGRATULATIONS!!!Good for you!!! that is wonderful news! at least we know things are moving. You live in so cal right?? I didn't get anything in the mail :( but hoping that the extended the date is a hopeful for me :nuke: I'm working with old grades from 1992 when I was young and dumb!! but in my last 60 units, really got my stuff together. so we'll see. What did the letter say?

cheers!

Honestly, I'm out of town right now and my sister called and opened it for me. She read "Congratulations.." and I started yelling. Needless to say I didn't hear the rest hahaha. I'll probably move out from socal to Vegas in October :)

congrats!!! i am so happy for you!!! hopefully the rest of us will get ours this week!!! i can't wait to start nursing school and begin my life lol. well good luck to everyone!!! :)

So I just talked to G-- and found out my application is still with the nursing committee and she didn't have an update for me yet- Ohhh the waiting :sleep:

but did find out some other info, she mentioned the reason that they extended the deadline to July 31st, is because they are moving over to the new NursingCAS system but still had old nursing applications submitted, so they needed to extend the date to accomodate for all- so it's not a case of not having enough applicants she said, in fact she said they currently have over 100- Ugh! So best of luck to everyone!!

oh wow, over 100?? so does that mean we all need to post our apps on nursingcas? because i just sent mine directly to the school. i will call her tomorrow and follow up. i'll keep you posted :).

KK4YOU- My app was sent directly. I didn't use the computer system to apply. I think you should be fine.

oh wow, over 100?? so does that mean we all need to post our apps on nursingcas? because i just sent mine directly to the school. i will call her tomorrow and follow up. i'll keep you posted :).

kk4you- i wasn't under the impression that people who sent their application in to the school rather than nursingcas needed to do anything thing different- sounded like they were reviewing both forms of applications. so i don't think you need to worry, but a phone call to clarify wouldn't hurt.

yeah, she said 100, :( and possibly more because the date is extended. if you hear anymore, please keep us posted.

good luck!

Thanks so much jackiejane and 2bjenurse! I will call tomorrow just to clarify, thanks for all your help, and I will keep you posted! Have a great evening! :)

KK4YOU- please do! I also sent in a hard copy application several months ago and am wondering if I now need to do the Nursingcas. She didn't mention it when I saw her a few weeks ago....but you never know

Congratulations to the people already accepted . I will be attending in Nov as well and will be moving sometime in Oct.

I find going on Google maps in Vegas and typing apartments for rent helps. My wife used to live in Henderson a while back and is not a big fan at all but if any of you guys find/hear any good apartment complexes to live, please let me know.

Gracias.

ps. Don't you love how they already ask for $500 deposit IN the acceptance letter. At least they're direct.

To Oakley:

Congrats on your acceptance! I am applying for their Nov start date. I am currently waiting to see if i get accepted. I applied earlier this month since they extended the deadline to July 30. I applied through nursingcas, faxed my teas, and sent in all my transcripts. I've been calling the admissions office and leaving messages to see if they've received it but no one answers! its very frustrating...what should I do? should I continue this agonizing wait? I don't want to keep pestering them but I can't help it. What should I do? Any suggestions? pls help

Specializes in IMC.

To iicheninii:

Keep calling the admissions lady, she is hard to get a hold of sometimes, but is extremely helpful when you do. Leaving messages didn't seem to work very well for me, try calling at different times until you get a live person on the phone. She is also much quicker about answering emails than voice-mail messages, so I suggest you try that as well.

Better to call pester them now before the deadline, then find out later that the application wasn't complete. Remember, you paid a fee to apply, if you have questions about your application its their job to help you.

+ Add a Comment