<Information about Touro Nevada>

U.S.A. Nevada

Published

hi everyone!

i got accepted to touro nevada today and wanted to know if any students/anyone knew any specifics about the program? i.e. class/clinical scheduling, academic work load, curriculum, and is as ridiculously as complicated/difficult as the faculty made it seem during my interview...i have said before that they made it seem way too tough or either really good, i am still not sure which one to go with! i am excited though and interested in any information, which anybody can pass on! i was told about this specific camp thing that they are doing right before the july start, what is that all about? i still have not been told too much info about it from the college.

well thanks for your insights!

hi empyreal,

okay so i have a couple more questions about touro university nursing bsn program. i just passed the teas and applied to touro! what is the application process? i applied for the november start. when do you hear that your accepted? do you have to do an interview with the school? does the finnancial aid take care of uniforms and books etc thats required for the program? or are those not included in the tuition costs. just trying to set up my budget lol. how is everything going so far for you? do you have any regrets so far? thanks so much for all your help!! you have been a true lifesaver! :)

hi lisa, on the teas exam. do you remember if there are questions related to boyle's law, charles law, gay-lussac's law, and combined gas law? i'm reviewing the mcgraw-hill nursing school entrance exam, and in the chemistry portion it have this section with all these gas law. i don't know whether to study and solve these problems. or should i just skip this section?

cuong

Hi lisa, on the Teas exam. Do you remember if there are questions related to Boyle's Law, Charles Law, Gay-Lussac's Law, and Combined Gas Law? I'm reviewing the McGraw-Hill Nursing School Entrance Exam, and in the chemistry portion it have this section with all these Gas Law. I don't know whether to study and solve these problems. Or should i just skip this section?

Cuong

I don't remember there being an gas law questions in my TEAS last year, even though it's on the study guide (ALOT of the study guide was NOT on the TEAS. Broad general knowledge is much more important than you'd think; ie. igneous rock ? basic math? correct use of "," and ";"?

Good luck!

Did you call? I tried to call to make sure all my application materials were received but I couldn't reach anyone.

I don't remember there being an gas law questions in my TEAS last year, even though it's on the study guide (ALOT of the study guide was NOT on the TEAS. Broad general knowledge is much more important than you'd think; ie. igneous rock ? basic math? correct use of "," and ";"?

Good luck!

thank you oakley for responding. do recall if we have to know about mole and molarity? what about organic and inorganic chemistry? how did you prepare for the teas exam?

tim

Metrogirl-

I emailed the admissions office yesterday asking if they had received all my application materials and i got a response that was completely non-sensical. She told me when the deadlines were and attached a copy of the application. Apparently she doesn't read e-mails before responding...very frustrating.....maybe calling would lead to a more helpful response. Let me know if you get through to her? thanks!!!

Hmm. Hot mess.

I got a hold of her and she said she just got back to the office from a long trip.

She took down my phone number and said she'd call me when she gets a chance to look through the apps.

That was two days go and she still hasn't called.

I think I'll wait a week and call back.

thank you oakley for responding. do recall if we have to know about mole and molarity? what about organic and inorganic chemistry? how did you prepare for the teas exam?

tim

The chem is very basic. I read examples of questions online and had a copy of previous sample tests that I bought at the bookstore - which is WAY too detailed. The truth is the basic math sections are more in depth than the chemistry and the English grammar is what most people screw up.

good luck!

Hey guys!

I've been thinking about applying to Touro for the BSN program coming from CA, I was just wondering if anyone knew the schools accreditation? I checked the Nevada Board of Nursing site and know that the school is approved by them, but does anyone know if the schools units are transferable to another school if I were to decide to further my education? I know there are a lot of private schools out there were you can't get into other schools because of accreditation.

nevermind! I checked them out , and they are WASC accredited =)

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share with you that I was told the app deadlines for the Nov start date was June 30th. When I asked if it was better to apply sooner than later I was told it didnt matter when I applied, ALL applications would be opened and reviewed after the June 30th deadline. I know right! Not the answer I wanted to hear either but that's what I was told. Hope that eases some waiting tension.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share with you that I was told the app deadlines for the Nov start date was June 30th. When I asked if it was better to apply sooner than later I was told it didnt matter when I applied, ALL applications would be opened and reviewed after the June 30th deadline. I know right! Not the answer I wanted to hear either but that's what I was told. Hope that eases some waiting tension.

Wow. That's reedonkulous! I was told I'd be notified WAY before June, via email. I'm planning on visiting the campus late this month so hopefully that's a generalization on their part.

Who did you talk to at the office?

I was just wondering how you guys in contact with someone at Touro, i've sent an email and called numerous times and can't seem to get someone to talk to. I'm just trying to get an application to apply. Any suggestions?

+ Add a Comment