filipino nurse seeking registration to WESTERN australia

World Registration

Published

i'm a filipino nurse searching thread about wa nurses here and i found out that the one and only post available was also mine.. hahaha.. so i thought of starting another one... most of threads are for the whole australia.. this is specifically for wa

this thread is intended for those who are seeking registration to nmbwa. wanurses are most welcome in this thread.. we want to hear from you and those who are currently undertaking bp...

hope that we can guide each and everyone..:nurse:

Hi:)

I'm sorry but I got a little confused on which I should opt for-a bridging program or a conversion program?

you see, I have a year and 4 months volunteer nursing experience.would that suffice if I decided to take a bridging program? also, how much would that cost and what institutions are offering this program?I'm aiming for sydney btw, but of course I'd like to know the options available for me.

Hi there Julia, here's the "we're on the same boat" cliche again.. haha

Im aiming for Sydney as well..

take a peep to this link.. it might enlighten you..

https://allnurses.com/international-nursing/know-everything-about-418222.html

Specializes in Neuroscience,Aged Care, General Nursing.
Curtin is requiring the letter of eligibilty. They told me so. But letter of eligibility from other states will do. Oh no now I'm on a very tight sked. Need to get that letter before May ends. This is stressing me out.

:up::up::up:Thanks. maybe it's a case-to-case basis.I'll confirm this; and if it is the case I'll go for the Bridging program in Victoria or maybe wait until National Registration commences on July and see if whether there will be new nursing pathway's or if other BP providers will open its program again such as Ramsay Health or maybe HPH will open more slot come early 2011. :smokin:

Well for Curtin yep. That will do. When you graduate you'll register again with nmbwa this time as a local student.

i guess you meant the national board. coz by the time you graduate, nmbwa will be non-existent.

i guess you meant the national board. coz by the time you graduate, nmbwa will be non-existent.

Nmbwa will be satellite of the national board. They will just change their name and management. So it's like nmbwa having a total makeover

Melbourne: etea, vchn, ballarat, la trobe, castlemaine health, deakin, many more

Perth: curtin, murdoch, edith cowan, rph, hollywood hosp

Adelaide: uni of sa, Adelaide uni, and another one

Sydney: only one uni offers this

Darwin: don't know. Not interested in going there anyway

duration: 2 mos to 2 yrs

price: 800$ to 50k $

what uni offers the bridging program in sydney?do they have a july intake?can i still apply for it?how long does it take?sorry if i asked too many questions..it's just that i have a deadline(next week) for my decision because if i can't apply for a bridging program, i'll have to take a conversion program..but i really have to leave this july or earlier..personal issues you see..

what uni offers the bridging program in sydney?do they have a july intake?can i still apply for it?how long does it take?sorry if i asked too many questions..it's just that i have a deadline(next week) for my decision because if i can't apply for a bridging program, i'll have to take a conversion program..but i really have to leave this july or earlier..personal issues you see..

oh, and is an all 7 in the IELTS a pre requisite or can i take the IELTS later?really sorry for bugging you.

Hi there Julia, here's the "we're on the same boat" cliche again.. haha

Im aiming for Sydney as well..

take a peep to this link.. it might enlighten you..

https://allnurses.com/international-nursing/know-everything-about-418222.html

haha!:beer:have a deadline as well?i cannot wait until next year for the fruition of my goals...I really have to make it work this year..well, i hope that we both get lucky..:saint

oh, and is an all 7 in the IELTS a pre requisite or can i take the IELTS later?really sorry for bugging you.

in order to get a letter of eligibility u r required to have a 7 IELTS in all band.. check on their website.. http://www.nmbwa.org.au :)

haha!:beer:have a deadline as well?i cannot wait until next year for the fruition of my goals...I really have to make it work this year..well, i hope that we both get lucky..:saint

not that i have deadlines.. :clown: but im itching and really want to make it this year... but had a problem with my IELTS score in writing... fallshorts ... just got 6.5.. lol... and im planning to take it again soon... Im keeping my hopes still! whatever it takes.. haha

and yeah i do hope we'll both make it.. hehe :up:

not that i have deadlines.. :clown: but im itching and really want to make it this year... but had a problem with my IELTS score in writing... fallshorts ... just got 6.5.. lol... and im planning to take it again soon... Im keeping my hopes still! whatever it takes.. haha

and yeah i do hope we'll both make it.. hehe :up:

me too!i hope we can make it!:w00t:

omg!i asked a question from a friend in another thread and they just closed it..re-reading it..yeah i agree that it is sensitive and i sincerely apologize for having the audacity to ask.anyway, reflecting on it, we wouldn't be able to do so because the processing time for the bridging course would take long...

Ohh.. i reckon the staffs closed the thread not because of you enquiring for something... they did that to clean the threads, they're against personal attacks here, you see. Ive been lurking on that topic too. :)

Specializes in Neuroscience,Aged Care, General Nursing.
yes,that's the prerequisite written in their website,i also had doubts like you before .those with nmbwa eligibility before were entitled six months of study instead of the whole year program. sadly, they don't offer it anymore even if you have the eligibility like yayey and others. sunchaser1019, who is currently studying at curtin with his/her cousin mentioned on the other thread that some of her classmates don't have eligibility from nmbwa but were able to go with the program; also ,i know a female indian from other forum who was able to enroll without eligibility letter. probably they changed their rules already but failed to update their website. hehehe

:) goodluck

confirmed..i just received an email from the marketing relations officer and this was her response.:up::up::up:

as we no longer offer the 6 months bridging program, you do not need the letter from nmbwa before you can start this course.

all you have to do is to send in your certified documents by post and pay your fees. once that is done, we will send you a confirmation of enrolment for you to apply for your visa and you can come in july 2010 to start your course.

+ Add a Comment