<Information about Touro Nevada>

U.S.A. Nevada

Published

hi everyone!

i got accepted to touro nevada today and wanted to know if any students/anyone knew any specifics about the program? i.e. class/clinical scheduling, academic work load, curriculum, and is as ridiculously as complicated/difficult as the faculty made it seem during my interview...i have said before that they made it seem way too tough or either really good, i am still not sure which one to go with! i am excited though and interested in any information, which anybody can pass on! i was told about this specific camp thing that they are doing right before the july start, what is that all about? i still have not been told too much info about it from the college.

well thanks for your insights!

Hi Vegas2009,

Regarding your comment: "But, it's almost like Guantanamo Bay to try to get in there... the odds of getting shot, are higher than trying to penetrate UNLV's nursing camp (seriously)."

Do you mean that UNLV is tough to get into, or something else? Also, I wasn't aware that it had an accelerated BSN program...

Thanks for your input!

Hey..

I'm thinking about applying to Touro. Can you guys get me up to speed on what I need to do? I don't know much about the school and the website is slightly confusing (albeit, I am currently in the middle of a strenuous chemistry lab report and don't have much time to browse).

1. Minimum GPA? I have a 2.71 a pretty competitive school. And I'm a chemistry major..

2. Pre-reqs? I've taken the standard nutrition, abnormal psych, developmental psych/human growth and development, general chemistry, sociology, anatomy, microbiology, statistics. Mostly A's, a couple B's, and a C in anatomy.

3. Is the TEAS required? I took it a scored a 99% national percentile (not bragging, hoping it will make up for bad GPA). Also took the GRE (1300/1600 combined). Volunteer/activities etc..

4. From stats above, am I competitive? Be honest, will I get in? (in your opinion)

5. What is your impression of the school/neighborhood?

6. What do I need to do to apply? Has anyone applied/been accepted? How long until they notify you? When is the deadline?

7. Does anyone know anything about how competitive the school? How large is each cohort? What is the NCLEX pass rate?

If anyone has the time one their hands to answer these questions, I would absolutely appreciate it! After all, we may be future classmates!

Do you mean that UNLV is tough to get into, or something else? Also, I wasn't aware that it had an accelerated BSN program... Thanks for your input!

lol, classic! Actually you can take what I meant whatever way :D it is the hardest program to get into. But, if you have the time and money to invest in it, then go for it. They don't have an accelerated program. NSC has it, but UNLV and NSC's accelerated students work together or something. Best of luck.

Hey everyone!

I just sent out my application and I'm super excited!

Has anyone else applied and been accepted?

And do you guys know how long it takes for them to process applications?

PS Have you guys looked at apartments? Henderson looks like an AMAZING place to live!

... Henderson looks like an AMAZING place to live!

Really?! It looks ahite to me. My fiancee used to live there. I guess it depends on what you like. It's development is new and growing but it seems to be super cheap which is probably its best attribute. Apparently Summerlin is LV's best suburb all around, but it's a good 20 min from Campus. I found lots of cheap apts on Craigslist in Henderson. Good luck with your app. I, too, am waiting to hear back from Gladys at Touro. She's currently on a recruiting trip and is supposed to be back in the office on April 1st. I'm gonna email her then and ask about my application since she said we could find out electronically WAY before the official letter.

Whoa really? Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that I could get an electronic decision ahead of time. When did you submit your application? I sent mine in less than a week ago so it may not arrive in the admissions office until around April 1st.

Whoa really? Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that I could get an electronic decision ahead of time. When did you submit your application? I sent mine in less than a week ago so it may not arrive in the admissions office until around April 1st.

I sent mine in on March 3rd. I'm gonna call them on Thurs.

Hmm...that's about a month ago. I'm shocked you haven't received a letter by now.

Hmm...that's about a month ago. I'm shocked you haven't received a letter by now.

No it's cool. Another student told me they didn't get an email until mid-April last year. They have very few staff apparently. I'm not worried. I just don't want to bother ------ while she's traveling; Lest it seem too desperate on my part.

lol I know what you mean...However, I don't think I can hide my desperation. I graduate college in 7 weeks and I'm ready to move out to sunny Nevada.

Oakley44- will you let us know how you can find out electronically when you get the info? I sent my application in March and I don't think I can handle this wait much longer....

Oakley44- will you let us know how you can find out electronically when you get the info? I sent my application in March and I don't think I can handle this wait much longer....

By emailing them and asking...really. That's what I meant by "electronically".

Good luck

+ Add a Comment