New Pain Management Practice

Specialties Pain

Published

Hi, my name is Jackie Adames I work for a new pain management practice but we are lacking policies and procedures? I was wondering if someone as a professional courtesy would be willing to share these with me from your office? I'd be forever grateful.

My email is in profile.

Or would you know where I could purchase some?

the procedures we will be doing are Lumbar, caudal ESI's, rhizotomies, facet blocks, ablations, periperal nerve blocks, etc.....

This is all so new to me since I've been a Gastroenterology nurse since 2000 right out of nursing school.

If you e-mail me and would like to speak to me personally I'll give you my contact no.

thanks again!!!

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

pain management guideline: patient assessment forms

available in portable document format (pdf) from the health care association of new jersey web site.

lots of info available --- use our google search enginge above gold toolbar to find what you want

"pain management interventional policies and procedures"

book: chronic pain management: guidelines for multidisciplinary program development

product description

this reference is the most comprehensive textbook to date on the multidisciplinary approach to chronic pain management. written by an illustrious group of contributors, this source serves as a must-have armamentarium of guidelines for the development of a successful multidisciplinary chronic pain management program within the context of current medical and insurance reimbursement climates. the only source to offer these strategies, backed by the american academy of pain management, this reference will help readers understand the benefits of multidisciplinary chronic pain management and help them apply these techniques to their clinic for effective, consistent, and financially viable patient care.

pain sites:

pain edu.org has

american academy of pain medicine

http://www.painmed.org/ - the american academy of pain medicine (aapm) is the medical specialty society representing physicians practicing in the field of pain medicine

american society of regional anesthesia and pain medicine

http://www.asra.com/

the procedures we will be doing are lumbar, caudal esi's, rhizotomies, facet blocks, ablations, periperal nerve blocks, etc

[color=#ffffff][color=#333333]american society of interventional pain physicians

• policy and procedure manual is available for ambulatory surgery centers, as well as interventional pain practices. table of contents >>

[color=#292526][color=#292526][color=#292526]

[color=#292526][color=#292526][color=#292526]

practice policies

contact reps who are providing equipment may have resources for you.

american society for pain management nursing

http://www.aspmn.org/ - organization of professional nurses that provide support to pain management.

best wishes in helping to develop this practice.

Thank you so much. Your info seems so helpful.

Jackie I had to create my own policy and procedures for the pain clinic I work in now. I wasn't fun and very time consuming even with prior years experience in different pain clinic. I would be glad to help you out any way that I can. Just let me know what you need and I would be glad to email you what I have. :typing I also have discharge teaching sheets and other patient education if you need them. Just let me know, Maggie

Hi Maggie, if you get this message twice I apologize. I think I just lost everything I just typed. I just want you to know I was so happy to recieve your e-mail. Thank you so much for being willing to share all this hard work you did with me. Like I said, if you want to sell them to me I'd be happy to pay you. Send me everything you have if it's not to much trouble. As far as the procedures we will be doing..... they are: Lubar ESI's with and without fluro, Caudals with and without fluro, SI injections with and without Fluro, rhizotomies, facets, cervical ESI's, paravertebrals, discectomies (I think), botox, peripheral nerve blocks...etc. Pretty much everything. There is so much I am learning yet. I have been a GI nurse forever and this is a big change.

Thank you again for your willingness to share your hard work. Our pain new pain mgmt center will be so grateful.

And if you are ever in Daytona, please stop by and meet us.

The email where you can send this all to is : [email protected]

Don't forget me Maggie....... {MaggieRNPainNurse)

:up: I have sent some I want to make sure you are able to open them before I load your account too full. Just let me know if you can get them. Thanks Maggie:yeah:

Maggie, you are super!!!!:yeah: Yes it is all coming in. I will look through them when I get back from my OB appt. I'm 37 weeks and started dilating.....

My Ob doc is out of town until July 5th and I really want him to deliver my baby so I'm asking my little girl to hang in there. We'll see.

Wow! I am in the same predicament. I work for a large pain practice and was asked to put together a policy and procedure manual as well as an employee manual :banghead:. It looks like a project that I was not given enough time for. If Maggie or Jackie would be open to it, I would truly, truly appreciate it if you would please share your info with me as well; it would mean a lot to me.:D

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Dan I would be glad to help you out. What are you looking for? :coollook: The whole manual or something more specific? Maggie

Hi Maggie,

You are so kind and thanks for the quick reply :saint:. I am going a just a little nutty this week so I reeeeally appreciate the help. I believe I need a P&P for the clinical staff and the admin staff plus an employee manual. I believe the procedure center P&P is all done thank goodness. I listed what procedures we offer, but some of them don't happen too often. I hope that is exact enough... it my first manual.

Thanks for any help you can provide! You are too cool for school.:smokin:

Dan

Epidural Steroid Injections

Facet Injections/Medial Branch Blocks

Spinal Cord Stimulator

Lysis of Adhesions - Racz Catheter

Peripheral Nerve Stimulation

Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty

Intrathecal Pump Implants and Management

Percutaneous Discectomy

Disc Denervation

Discography

Radiofrequency Ablation

Occipital Nerve Block

Cryotherapy

Stellate Ganglion Blocks

Celiac Plexus Blocks

Peripheral Nerve Stimulation

Continuous Catheter Nerve Blocks

Regenerative Injection Therapy

Dan do you have an email address that I can send the policies to? There are several and I have to send them individually. :typing Just let me know. Also just curious where is your clinic located? :yelclap: Maggie

+ Add a Comment