any filipino nurse working for Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

World Immigration

Published

have you heard about Apex Corporation-Agency for Pinoy Excellence?

they hire nurses for canada..

will be happy to hear your feedbacks and opinion.. good or bad..

many thanks:w00t:

Specializes in ward,nursery,nicu.
hi pichipichi..

why so stressed?

i found careerworx via google search but i don't anybody who enrolled in their crne review..

let's wait for others to comment..

just take things easy..:heartbeat

Thanks oobie!

Same here, I've been seeing this review center in the internet but never heard of anyone who tried their review program

:dncgcpd:

hi there..

what is employment validation doc? is this a requirement for something?

hi oobie from what i heard coming from a nurse who also got her visa bound for SK, its a doc with written names in an A4 size paper. actually it comes together with your visa that was sent by MCE. its similar to your LMO with names of nurses emplyed for specific health region. i am just trying to figure out if all nurses with approved visas also received this kind of doc whether for AB or SK. i hope others can share too!:typing

Specializes in critical care.
hi oobie from what i heard coming from a nurse who also got her visa bound for SK, its a doc with written names in an A4 size paper. actually it comes together with your visa that was sent by MCE. its similar to your LMO with names of nurses emplyed for specific health region. i am just trying to figure out if all nurses with approved visas also received this kind of doc whether for AB or SK. i hope others can share too!:typing

thanks for the clarificafication..

i think i got it with me already.

Saskatoon Health Region welcomes Philippine nurses

(August 19, 2008) Saskatoon – Saskatoon Health Region welcomes thirteen new internationally-recruited nurses today. The nurses, hired by the Region as part of the provincial recruitment mission to the Philippines earlier this year, arrived in Saskatoon this week to begin a new chapter in their professional career. The recruits are part of the first wave of registered nurses from the Philippines arriving in the Region. The remaining nurses will arrive at different intervals over the next six to seven months.

“This is truly an exciting day for us all since many of us in the region have been anxiously waiting to meet and greet our new colleagues arriving from the Philippines,” said Bonnie Blakley, Vice President, People Strategies. “It’s exciting as well for the new nurses who have made many sacrifices and traveled all this way to start a new career and a new life here in Saskatchewan.”

Saskatoon Health Region participated in a very successful province-wide recruitment trip to the Philippines in February 2008. Focusing on ethical recruitment practices developed by the region prior to arriving in the Philippines, the region conducted hundreds of interviews and made job offers to 105 registered nurses from the Philippines to begin work in the Region. All of the new recruits went through very rigorous and intense testing prior to the interviews. After a successful interview they were offered positions.

“We wanted to ensure that at the end of this process, we had the best possible candidates and I think we accomplished that,” said Blakley.

While recruitment of these new nurses helps address the workforce challenges the Region faces, it represents only one piece of a four-part recruitment strategy. The Region continues to recruit local nursing students, the First Nations and Métis workforce and candidates from other Canadian provinces.

For more information on Saskatoon Health Region’s recruitment strategy or on starting a new career with the region please visit http://www.saskatoonhealthcareers.ca.

- 30 -

For more information contact:

James Winkel

Corporate and Public Affairs Adviser

Saskatoon Health Region

306-655-3253

just want to post this even this is late.. my friend is part of this group.

NEWS RELEASE

August 11, 2008

For immediate release.

Sunrise Health Region Prepares to Receive New Nurses

Sunrise Health Region will soon welcome sixty-one nurses emigrating from the Philippines. The nurses will travel in groups arriving approximately six weeks apart and will complete a six week orientation before starting their regular duties. The first six nurses will arrive August 13, 2008.

"The arrivals are deliberately spread out to allow proper welcome and orientation of each group," says Vice President of Human Resources Christina Denysek. "The health region routinely assists and orientates new employees from Canada and abroad, but to have so many internationally educated nurses recruited at once is a new experience."

hi oobie thanks so much for having a big heart in posting those two wonderful updates. it seems that our colleagues are experiencing their warmest welcome in Canada and i just hope things will run smoothly for them. how about in prince albert, do you also have some news? i, myself is bound to PA..thanks so much and Godbless.

just want to post this even this is late.. my friend is part of this group.

NEWS RELEASE

August 11, 2008

For immediate release.

Sunrise Health Region will soon welcome sixty-one nurses emigrating from the Philippines. The nurses will travel in groups arriving approximately six weeks apart and will complete a six week orientation before starting their regular duties. The first six nurses will arrive August 13, 2008.

"The arrivals are deliberately spread out to allow proper welcome and orientation of each group," says Vice President of Human Resources Christina Denysek. "The health region routinely assists and orientates new employees from Canada and abroad, but to have so many internationally educated nurses recruited at once is a new experience."

that is great news indeed! I am employed by SHR and its great to know they are very accommodating and they deliver the promise that they made to applicants here in the Philippines. I remembered talking to one of the delegates of SHR and she said they will be setting up a committee to help Filipino nurses who will arrive in Saskatchewan adjust to their province.....I received news from my agency (ED* staff builders) and they said they haven't deployed any nurse to SHR yet, only sasaktoon. (which means the 1st delegates who got deployed to sunrise is from either of the 3 agencies) 1st batch from my agency will leave last week September or 1st week October probably...Me? I'm still waiting for my visa and SRNA eligibilty...

Hi chinky. im interested about the company that helped you to work in canada. may i know how can i contact them? do they have placement fee? do they require experience to be qualified? your response is very much appreciated! :nuke:

Mesmerizex,

here's the website of my agency:

http://www.edistaffbuilders.com/

According to POEA Governing Board No. 4, Series of 2001 and the 2002 POEA Rules and Regulations Governing the Recruitment and Employment of Land-based Overseas Workers prohibit a land-base agency from collecting any placement fee from workers going to Canada since it is the employer who will shoulder necessary fees for application.

The Employer requires you to at least have 1 year minimum experience working in the hospital (the more experience the better) for them to ascertain if you have necessary bedside/hospital skills..

As far as I'm concerned, I know 4 agencies namely Apex, Ipams, Mercan and Edi staffbuilder's who have absolutely no placement fee , are legitimate with POEAand they work hand in hand with Canadian employer's so at least you know you're in good hands...

hi everybody!

to chinky:

I was wondering how did you go about your problem regarding your TOR and your SRNA application?

To all:

Roughly how long is the waiting period before I can expect to receive an acknowledgement letter or something saying that the SRNA already received all the necessary files for my application?

I just completed sending to SRNA all the necessary files last week and now I dont know what to do next. I guess all I can do is patiently wait and pray that the process will go smoothly.

Thanks in advance to those who will reply! :heartbeat:redbeathe:heartbeat

Thistle,

well I just complied with whatever it is that they were asking of me, they wanted to know my university's course description because "looking at your transcript it seems your theory hours are low" and they wanted to know more about subjects taken/RLE hours, so the school sent SRNA my course description ( Had it couriered by DHL for faster processing). Since we are international nursing graduate and Canadians are not familiar with our nursing curriculum.

You can email SRNA at http://www.srna.org/

since they are very accommodating,you can inquire with regards to your application if they have received it already. What happens after they have received all your documents and paid the necessary amount is they will email you a checklist with what they have received so far, and you can ask updates them from time to time. hope it helps:typing

hey guys,

just would like to update you about the first batch who are now in saskatoon...

here is the link:

http://www.saskatoonhealthregion.ca/news_you_need/media_centre/media/2008/recruitment_trip.htm

:yeah::heartbeat

+ Add a Comment