- Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, MSN-to-DNP, MSN to PhD, NP, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) for Registered Nurses
In the online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) Completion Program, students are offered virtual learning tools, 10 nursing courses, and a practice learning experience with little or no travel. The program at Walden University offers two online pathways: RN-BSN and RN-BSN-MSN.
RN to BSN Program Highlights
- Students take nursing courses from day one
- Transfer up to 75% of your credits, or 135 of the 181 quarter credits required
- Complete the RN-BSN degree in as little as 15 months with our 10 courses
- Little or no travel involved
- Gain valuable skills through a practice learning experience with little or no travel
- Use Walden's innovative Digital Learning Experience™ by Shadow Health®, an immersive virtual learning environment
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - assess, diagnose, and treat the vulnerable individual with mental health concerns
- Leadership and Management
- Nursing Education (NE) - develop and hone teaching skills applicable in the classroom and at the patient bedside
- Nursing Informatics - information technology to enhance patient care
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - provide care to individuals and famlies across the life-span
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Students can become an advocate for patients by improving outcomes with a focus on health policy, evidence-based practice, organizational and systems leadership, and information systems and technology.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
You must have completed a master's degree in nursing to become eligible to enter the DNP program. Along with an online application, you must provide your employment history and official transcripts. Walden University also assists the student by assigning an enrollment advisor.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
This program is a research focused PhD program and is for those who are truly committed to changing the future of healthcare as a research scientist, educator, or policy maker.
The program will enable students to collaborate with other health discipline doctoral level students to help him or her function with the healthcare team, promoting positive changes.
Walden University offers five focus areas of study to grant the advanced knowledge to become an expert in nursing research.
There are options to help students advance his or her knowledge within the nursing field and help educate the next generation of nurses, improve healthcare with research or influence policy and practice in this ever-changing healthcare world.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
Students must have completed a Master of Science in Nursing degree to become eligible to enter the PhD program. Along with an online application, students must provide his or her employment history and official transcripts.
State Specific Licensure Information
State licensure information for prospective and current students as it applies to individual State of Practice is available.
Walden University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) Completion (program), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), and the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs at Walden University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Rankings and Accolades
College Factual (2018-2019)
- Ranked in the Top 1% of their category for: "Top Ranked Veteran: Nursing"
- Ranked in the Top 1% of their category for: "Most Popular: Nursing
Walden University was ranked one of the "Best Colleges for Adult Learners – 4-Year Colleges," according to Washington Monthly 2016 College Rankings.
When Walden University surveyed their students, they found that 90% of Walden Doctor of Nursing Practice students say that the quality of education at Walden has exceeded or met their expectations.
More than half of Walden doctoral graduates say their degree contributed to earning a pay raise.