- Location Boston, Massachusetts
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, NP, PhD, Post-grad Certificate, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
About Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Since 1902, Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS) has been an innovator in health care education. SNHS is dedicated to preparing students to become leaders through scholarship, clinical expertise, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
With a campus located in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, SNHS serves as a prominent authority in the New England region and has received national and international recognition. Established in 1978, the school’s FNP program is one of the oldest, most established programs in the country.
If you are looking for an educational opportunity that is innovative using technology to create a face-to-face experience online, then look no further than Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS).
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Students complete the science prerequisites first, then progress to the nursing courses. The program can be completed in 16 months or 2-3 years.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Already licensed as a Registered Nurse through an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN/ADN) degree program? Ready to obtain a BSN degree? Obtaining a BSN degree is one of the most popular programs throughout the nation’s colleges.
Simmons College also offers a unique program called the Dorothea Lynde Dix Scholars Program for learners to complete their BSN degree within 16 months or in 2-3 years.
BSN to Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Nursing (BS) and Nursing (MS): 4 + 1 Program
- BSN and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) in an accelerated five-year program
- Maintain minimum GPA of 3.33 overall and a minimum GPA of 3.33 in nursing courses - apply sophomore year
- Progression into the graduate sequence after RN licensure and maintain 3.0 GPA in all nursing courses
- Graduates sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) certification exam
Direct Entry Program for BA/BS Holders
- Complete pre-license courses (1st 4 semesters)
- Prepare for/pass NCLEX-RN
- Move into the graduate portion which includes: Primary care, Research, and Foundational courses
Clinical Facilities Available
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Program
Nursing@Simmons is an online Master of Science in Nursing degree program for nurses interested in becoming Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs).
Overview: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Program
- Registered Nurses (RNs) with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) are able to enter into the MSN program
- Registered Nurses (RNs) (I.e ADN program nurses) without a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) qualify for the RN to MSN program
- Nursing@Simmons has a unique experience for its students enrolled in the FNP program. With up to date technology, the university is able to give live face-to-face presentations via virtual classes as well as self-paced online courses
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is also available for Advanced Practice Nurses and Nurse Leaders.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program
Simmons Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is a blended-learning program making it flexible for students to achieve an advanced professional practice that is focused on leadership.
The DNP program can be taught in the offline and online formats for students to be able to connect with other healthcare colleagues in their local communities.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program
The PhD in health professions program is focused on educating the next generation of healthcare professionals. Students include nurses, dental assistants, athletic trainers, radiologists, surgical technicians, plus many other health professions.
The Doctoral program is for the advancement of educators through a hybrid program, online and offline formats. The PhD program is completed in 3 years for students who are enrolled full time.
Accreditation and Approval
Simmons College is accredited by the Commission for Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences' programs in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The BSN and pre-licensure direct entry MSN programs are approved by the Board of Registration in Nursing (BORN) of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
US News & World Report (2019)
- #11 in Regional Universities North
- #4 in Best Value Schools
- #72 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #117 (tie) Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #149 (tie) Best Nursing Schools: DNP
- #378 Top Colleges
- #256 in Private Colleges
- #142 in the Northeast
- #251 in Grateful Grads
- #299 America's Best Value Colleges
MONEY ranked Simmons College #110 as "Best Colleges For Your Money 2018".
NCLEX 2017 Pass Rates
BSN - 97%
MSN - 100%