- NCLEX Pass Rate 82
- Location Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, LPN, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, LPN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, NP, Accelerated BSN, Other
- Website URL Visit Website
In 1965, Herzing University was founded as a computer training institute in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1970, the name was changed to Herzing Institute. In 1996, it became Herzing College and included eight campuses in eight states plus an online option. In 2009, the college became Herzing University. On January 1, 2015, the University became a nonprofit educational institution.
Practical Nurse (LPN) Diploma
Students who are interested in becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) can do so through Herzing University. This course will prepare the learner to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Practical Nurses exam (NCLEX-PN) and become licensed to practice as an LPN in his or her individual state.
Credits for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program or Associate nursing degree program are awarded from the LPN program to advance your nursing career.
The curriculum is an approach that is through the classroom and simulation lab to help the student with hands on skills. Beyond the classroom, students will have the opportunity to practice in the hospital setting.
The program is 12 months in length and students will graduate with a Diploma in Practical Nursing. Locations include Birmingham and Orlando campuses.
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
Admission decisions vary by campus and program, but here are some of the firm requirements:
- Completion of high school or equivalency (Diploma, HSED or GED)
- Cumulative GPA 2.5 or higher
- TEAS minimum requirements
- One semester of high school- or collegiate-level math, biology, and chemistry with a grade of "C" or better
Associate Degree - RN
The Associate Degree program will prepare students to become Registered Nurses through coursework, clinical training, and hands on training in the simulation lab.
At the end of the program, graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses exam (NCLEX-RN).
The program is 20 months in length and provided by Madison and Orlando campuses.
The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing offered through the Akron campus prepares students to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses exam (NCLEX-RN).
Earning either of the nursing associate degrees requires about 74 credits, based on the location. It typically takes about 20 months to finish the program.
Admission can vary by campus, but typical standards include:
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Earning the minimum score on the TEAS exam.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 3-Year nursing degree program when attending full time
- CCNE-accredited programs
- No wait list
- Options for veterans, second-degree students, and students with other healthcare licensure
At the end of the program, students will earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and be eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) to become licensed as an RN in his/her individual state.
Associate or diploma prepared nurses are noticing the trend to BSN and want to continue with their education. Herzing offers a program designed for practicing, licensed RNs and offers advanced and immediately relevant training for their current nursing role.
- Only 8 required nursing core courses, all are aligned with CCNE-accreditation
- Up to 70 Semester Credit Hours are awarded from previous learning
- 45 hours of Experiential Learning
- E-Portfolio available to help track learning activities
- Continuing Education activities for license renewal
- Course projects that help towards Magnet status and clinical ladder programs
- 8-week and 16-week rolling admission options
- Excellent nursing support teams and instructors with experience
- Dual Credit option can save time and money toward an MSN advanced nursing degree
A 3.0 GPA average must be obtained in the BSN program to pursue the MSN degree.
Akron, Atlanta, Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Orlando, Online
Bachelor of Science - Second Degree
Students who have a Bachelor of Science degree in a field other than nursing can attend Herzing University-Orlando’s accelerated BSN program. This program can be completed in 16 months.
After completing the program requirements, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) to obtain RN licensure and begin a career in nursing.
Veterans, LPNs/LVNs, Other Healthcare Licensure
Military medics may be awarded up to 15 credits for prior learning toward their BSN degree at Herzing.
The following ranks must have been achieved:
- Basic Medical Tech Corpsman: Navy HM0000 and Air Force BMTCP 4NOX1
- Independent Duty Medical Technicians: Air Force IDMT 4NOX1C
- Army Health Care Specialists: 68W; 91B; 91C
Graduates of the Army Practical Nurse Program (68W-M6), Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses and Paramedics
Herzing University offers an Access Plan for Special Healthcare Groups; credits may also transfer from prior learning to assist in a fast BSN completion.
Non-Military LPNs and Other Licensed Healthcare Professionals
Those who hold licenses or certifications may be eligible to receive credit for prior learning through Herzing Orlando's Bridge to BSN program:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Respiratory Care Therapist
- Akron, Ohio
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Orlando, Florida
LPN to RN (Associate) Bridge
This LPN to RN program can be completed in less than 20 months. Program locations include Birmingham and Orlando campuses.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Herzing’s MSN program is for nurses who hold a BSN.
Three Concentration Options:
MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP): 20-month program
MSN-Nurse Educator (NE): 16-month program
MSN-Nursing Leadership and Administration: 36-credit, 16-month online program. Graduate fully prepared to sit for the Nurse Executive-Board Certified (NE-BC) credentialing exam offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Full-time and part-time options available.
Akron, Atlanta, Birmingham, Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis, New Orleans, Omaha School of Massage and Healthcare, Orlando, Toledo.
Post Master’s Certificate FNP - 100% online coursework. 33 credits, 675 clinical hours.
Post Master’s Certificate NE - 100% online coursework. 16-credit program.
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Herzing University’s Atlanta, Brookfield, Minneapolis and Orlando campuses. It also accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing RN-BSN Online, the Post Master’s Certificates, and the Master of Science in Nursing programs offered by Herzing University Online.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, the Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education, and the MSN-Nursing Leadership and Administration programs at Herzing University Online.
US News & World Report (2019)
#128-#165 in Regional Universities Midwest
#94 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
#101 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs