- NCLEX Pass Rate 96
- Location Bronxville, New York
- Programs BSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, Accelerated BSN
- Website URL Visit Website
Concordia College is a Christocentric, value-oriented institution, affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. This four-year, private, non-profit, coeducational institution was founded in 1881.
Located less than 30 minutes from New York City, in the village of Bronxville, NY, Concordia provides a safe place for students to learn and interact.
The nursing undergraduate major prepares students who desire to be nurses on the cutting edge of healthcare. Concordia will give students tools to succeed, offer small classroom sizes, as well as ensure a focus on the arts and sciences. Hands-on experience can be obtained through the innovative clinical laboratory as well as during clinical rotations in hospitals, nursing homes, and mental health and visiting nurse facilities, in Westchester County and New York metropolitan areas.
Post-Baccalaureate Nursing Program
Students who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a field other than nursing and would like to pursue a career in nursing are eligible for this 15-month Bachelor of Science program.
Admission Criteria for Post-Baccalaureate Nursing Program (not all inclusive)
- Completion of a college bachelor’s degree, received minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA or higher
- Completion of prerequisite courses including any lab with a B or better in each course: Chemistry (4 credits), Microbiology (4 credits), and Anatomy and Physiology I & II (8 credits). All courses must have been completed within the last 5 years
- Minimum proficiency level TEAS Exam
Traditional Undergraduate Program
The name "traditional" means that the undergraduate program in nursing is designed for first-year and transfer students.
During the freshman and sophomore years, nursing candidates will complete generalized required course work with the focus on science and liberal arts, which will prepare them for admission to the Nursing program of study. During the second year of the program, students must apply to the Chair of the Undergraduate Program for admission.
If the student is a transfer student, they must complete at least one semester of academic study at Concordia College prior to applying to the nursing program.
Eligibility for the Undergraduate Nursing program (not all inclusive)
- Cumulative grade average 3.0, on 4.0 scale
- Minimum C+ in every required science course taken at Concordia College
- Minimum B in every required science course taken within the last 5 years, transferred to Concordia College
- Minimum C+ in required psychology courses taken at Concordia College
- Minimum B in required psychology courses taken within the last 5 years, transferred to Concordia College
- Minimum C+ in pre-requisite nursing courses taken at Concordia College
- Successful achievement of at least the Proficiency Level on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS Test) within 9 months prior to application; one retake per year permitted
- Letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty at Concordia College
RN to BSN Program
Registered nurses who hold an associate's degree or nursing diploma are eligible for an affordable, convenient way to receive a BSN degree through Concordia College.
- Able to complete your degree within one year with the use of transfer credits
- Focus on learning new skills within your RN degree
- Weekend, evening, and summer classes available for flexibility for the nurse to still work full time
Admission Criteria for the RN - BS Completion Program (not all inclusive)
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science in Nursing degree(s) OR, Diploma in Nursing (30 credits accepted for New York State license)
- GPA average minimum 2.5
- RN license in New York State
Concordia College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The baccalaureate degree in Nursing program at Concordia College New York is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Rankings and Accolades
US News & World Report (2019)
- #22 in Regional Colleges North
- #14 in Best Value Schools
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #138
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #481
- Best College Locations in America #545
- Safest College Campuses in America #578
- Best Value Colleges in America #744
- Most Conservative Colleges in New York #10
- Most Diverse Colleges in New York #16
- Safest College Campuses in New York #48
- Best College Locations in New York #61
- Best Value Colleges in New York #75
- Best Value Colleges in New York City Area #50
College Factual ranked Concordia College New York #100 in Best Colleges for the Money in New York (2019).
Concordia College New York remains in the "Top FIVE Baccalaureate Nursing Programs" in New York State for NCLEX-RN pass rates exceeding both national and state pass rates.
Edited by sirI