Concordia University Irvine ABSN Summer 2022

Students School Programs

Updated:   Published

Would like to connect with those applying for Summer 2022 ABSN at Concordia Irvine. Hope to interact with those in this cycle!

sivedrafely

89 Posts

Hi there! I am on the fence of applying here or not (since there's couple months left). I don't have any healthcare background or volunteer hours. I'm wondering if I'll be a competitive candidate. 

Do you have any healthcare experience??

RNGoal2022

14 Posts

Hi! I have experience working as an administrative assistant in several healthcare systems. I am hoping that will be enough…currently working in a student health clinic now.

sivedrafely

89 Posts

50 minutes ago, RNGoal2022 said:

Hi! I have experience working as an administrative assistant in several healthcare systems. I am hoping that will be enough…currently working in a student health clinic now.

That's still healthcare that's good! do you have any volunteer hours? I work in the accounting field... so I'm pretty far from healthcare in terms of background/experience..

RNGoal2022

14 Posts

No volunteer hours…just a total of 4 years and 8 months of work experience in clinic or hospital settings. I was a teacher in prior years and even taught at a technical college teaching math and medical terminology. That’s the beauty of ABSN, though, people from all backgrounds can start a new career!

liv 2022

37 Posts

Hi there! I am applying for the Summer 2022 program at Concordia... I have 135 hours experience volunteering with free medical clinics in Tijuana and 300 hours working as a behavior interventionist with children with developmental disabilities which is technically considered "behavioral health," and just stretched those experiences I did have as much as possible. I think explaining any experience you have had in the context of its relevance to nursing is helpful no matter what it is

JunRex

19 Posts

Did anyone get asked to move up to the new Spring term that starts in Jan?

liv 2022

37 Posts

2 minutes ago, Kathy Vu said:

Did anyone get asked to move up to the new Spring term that starts in Jan?

Nope. Have you submitted all your application components already? 

Did they have trouble filling the cohort or do you know the reason?

JunRex

19 Posts

3 minutes ago, liv 2022 said:

Nope. Have you submitted all your application components already? 

Did they have trouble filling the cohort or do you know the reason?

Yes I submitted everyday a long time ago like in July. I’m not sure but I got a call 2 weeks ago and asked in I am interested in the New Spring term starting Jan 10 and I said yes and was invited for an interview. My Zoom interview is tomorrow.

liv 2022

37 Posts

1 minute ago, KatM said:

Yes I submitted everyday a long time ago like in July. I’m not sure but I got a call 2 weeks ago and asked in I am interested in the New Spring term starting Jan 10 and I said yes and was invited for an interview. My Zoom interview is tomorrow.

Oh wow! That's awesome. I still am finishing up my essay/waiting for my letters to be submitted. Since you got everything in so early I am sure they had time to review.

Dang, I am jealous. I would love to start in January! Good luck tomorrow.

JunRex

19 Posts

Just now, liv 2022 said:

Oh wow! That's awesome. I still am finishing up my essay/waiting for my letters to be submitted. Since you got everything in so early I am sure they had time to review.

Dang, I am jealous. I would love to start in January! Good luck tomorrow.

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!!

I’m so nervous, not sure what they will ask or what the essay question will be!!

Is anyone else interviewing for Spring?

RNGoal2022

14 Posts

I am also interviewing tomorrow. Did you receive the Zoom link yet?

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X