How do I request a CORI?

  1. I am hoping to take the CNA training class offered at CCRI. At today's pre-test I was given an application that I need to submit with a health form and a CORI. Would someone be able to tell me how I can get a CORI? The only thing the application said was to contact the attorney general's office. I figured before I called I would see if I could get any info here. Thanks in advance!
  2. Visit MrsPeep profile page

    About MrsPeep

    Joined: Nov '08; Posts: 96; Likes: 38


  3. by   cjcsoon2bnp
    A CORI?? What's that for?
  4. by   MrsPeep
    I guess it's some kind of background check I need to request from the BCI.
  5. by   crazensweet
    that is a criminal background check...Some states you can request an application. In Rhode Island you have to go to the office. Some of my friends have gone and waited for at least 2-3 plan accordingly.

    Rhode Island
    Attorney General Bureau of Criminal Identification, 150 South Main Street, Providence, RI 02903; (401) 421-5268.

    and good luck!!! I took that pretest and have to finish my shots.
  6. by   crazensweet
    Sorry I posted the wrong can mail in an application with a fee and photo
    or go in person
    the attorney generals office website with the info is below...
    I hope this helps.

  7. by   MrsPeep
    Phew! Thanks for the info!
  8. by   cjcsoon2bnp
    I had to have a BCI for my CNA certification but never a CORI whatever that is. I had to go to the attorney general's office and pay a fee and I got it in like 10 - 20 minutes (depending on the line.)

  9. by   V9611
    I am assuming it is a BCI.. background check through the Attourney Generals Office....i went to get my BCI check...i think it was $15 and i waited for about 10 min. the office is in PROVIDENCE...they just gave me a print out with a seal on it...someone else in my CNA class got it online, and it was cheaper, plus she got it in about 3 days in the mail.... (and didnt have to drive all the way down to Providence..LOL)
  10. by   MrsPeep
    I think CORI and BCI are the same thing! The woman who was at the test sort of used the words interchangably. Thanks for the all the info! I'm going to call the office today. If I can do it through the mail, that would be great.
  11. by   nkara
    yup.. it's a BCI and you have to go down to the Attorney General in Providence with either a $5 money order or check, they will not take cash... plus your picture ID. They give you a stamped form and your done. The health questionaire is a bit more complicated.. you need to get a physical and ppd test as well as all other immunizations or proof that you are immune. Good luck. The course is tough but worth it.
  12. by   MrsPeep
    Thanks everyone for all the answers! I called the number this morning, and the easiest way for me to do it was to send for it through the mail. I sent a notarized letter requesting it, a copy of my driver's license, and a check for 5$. I also dropped the health form off at the Dr's today (I've already had all the shots/exams), so hopefully I'll be able to send my application out within the week! Thanks again for all the responses!