I am doing my care plan for my patient and I am having a very hard time writing goals. My teacher sent it back to me and I have to fix every goal but I am at a loss here. My patient is on the LTACH and her admitting Dx is VDRF. She has a trach, G tube, on telemetry, and bilateral wrist restraints. I'm having trouble with the goals since they must be patient centered, however, my patient is not able to do anything for herself. My nandas are:
1. ineffective airway clearance r/t artificial airway aeb retained secretions and needs to be suctioned q2h.
2. Decreased cardiac output r/t altered heart rhythm aeb atrial fibrillation on telemetry and hypertension.
3. Impaired skin integrity r/t nonhealing wound aeb hysterectomy wound draining foul smelling discharge for 4 years.
4. Impaired verbal communication r/t artificial airway aeb patient is unable to speak.
5. Imbalamced nutrition: less than body requirements r/t inability to ingest food aeb patient is NPO, receieves Nepro @45mL/h through G tube, low sodium (143), low potassium (3.7), low calcium (8.8), low protein (8.1), and low albumin (2.6).
If anyone can help me write patient centered goals for any of these nandas please help me out!
Thank you in advance!