I am a senior in high school and am currently participating in a career research project. The assignment requires us to speak directly with an experienced person in our profession of interest. For me, that is neonatal nursing. I have 11 questions I have to receive an answer to and I am hoping someone here will be willing to help me.
1. How long have you worked in this occupation?
2. What other types of jobs have you done before?
3. In this job, do you mainly work with people, data, things, or ideas?
4. What do you like most about your job?
5. What are the most frequently recurring problems on your job?
6. How did you get started in this line of work?
7. What type of training is needed for this occupation today?
8. What type of technology do you use?
9. What changes have you seen in the past few years that affect this career path?
10. What personal qualities do you feel are needed to succeed in this career path?
11. I have often heard people talk about how difficult it would be to work in the NICU because many babies do not make it and the job is overall very stressful. In your opinion, does the good outweigh the bad? Is neonatal nursing a worthwhile profession to invest in?
Thank you in advance for the help. You are greatly appreciated!