I work at at level 1 trauma hospital in NY and I am trying to get a per diem job a little closer to home (community hospital 5 minutes away). This is my first year of nursing. I have a few questions about updating my resume. Should I list every task I do, for example: wound care, medication administration via central line, tube feedings via NGT and PEG. Do you talk about skin care integrity and infection control? I just thought that these aspects where already assumed. Please help. here is what my updated resume porttion looks like now:
- Provides direct nursing care for an acute patient population including renal and liver transplantation (pre-op & post-op), vascular (AAA repair, DVT, amputation, etc.),and cardiac monitored patients
- Intermediate Care Registered Nurse Certification
- Assess and stabilize patients with expedience and accuracy
- Work collaboratively with Physicians, Wound Care RN, Respiratory and Physical Therapy and other ancillary staff for best patient outcomes.
- Closely monitor patients and alert charge nurse and physicians to change in status.
- Leveraged interpersonal communication strengths to establish rapport and build trust withpatients and families.
Any critism will help. Thanks so much!!!