I start clinicals next fall and don't have ANY hospital experience, so it'll be interesting to see what I love at the END of nursing school, haha.....but for right now I am thinking....
1. ER - I love being busy all day, running around, working at a fast pace, and I work well under pressure.
2. Peds - MAYBE, haha. I love kids, but like everyone else said, I don't know if i'd be able to handle the sadness.
3. I don't have a 3rd yet, I guess I'll have get my clinical experiences to have a better idea.
1. nursing home/hospice - not my thing.
2. outpatient office - I'm pretty sure I want to work in a hospital
3. psych - I want to be on my feet, busy busy busy....I'm not sure I would thrive in that kind of environment.
It'll be funny to compare these answers after I finish clinicals! haha.