OMG-you read my mind. I was going to post the SAME thing. Yesterday I was anything but a nurse. Here is what I was:
1. Secretary-one admission, one discharge, new orders, d/c orders, diet changes, med changes, etc.
2. Housekeeper-empty trash, empty linens, etc.
3. CNA-had to take my own vitals, empty foleys, etc. I had to do my bath because the lazy CNA with ONE patient was "too busy."
5. Food services-we now have to take trays out of rooms
6. Lastly: a nurse and person. I got chewed out by lactation for telling a mom she had to check with the MD for breastfeeding because she was taking every med under the sun. Lactation told me it was out of the scope of my practice. Ummm, hello....what happened to being an advocate for my patient the baby)??? I did not eat lunch, use the restroom or even sit down for 2 minutes to check blood types on the mother/babies of my admission who came at shift change.
I work at one of the largest hospitals in the country where almost everyone is a VIP. So basically, I am a nurse/human last because we have to have "patient sanctification" scores.
I left a great career to enter nursing. My previous job did not pay well but I had great hours.....