Hi everyone! Thanks for reading, here is my situation and questions:
27 year old, married with 3 kids. I have already talked to hubby about the possibilty and he is open to it but wants more information. I am just starting to look into everything and I am open to all branches as of right now.
I have been an LPN for 5 years and I am graduating with my BSN in December (Major GPA: 3.5, Overall: 3.2). I have 2 years of CCU experience, and over 10 years of progressive healthcare experience (don't know if that matters or not).
1) How do I get in contact with the actual healthcare recruiters? From reading the forums it seems you need to talk to them to get accurate information.
2) What is all included in the application? Do all branches only review these once a year? (again forum discussion)
3) Based on the above information do you think I have a chance?
4) How long does the whole process usually take, from talking to a recruiter-application-acceptance-start of COT?
5) Should I start now, even if I am to graduate in Dec?
6) Do I have to choose a branch before applying or can you go for all three?
7) I am very committed to getting my MSN, how long do you have to be in the military to begin those programs? Do you have to be a certain rank? Or can you start right away?
8) Will I get credit for my 5 years of LPN experience or am I considered a green nurse?
I appreciate any answers you have time to give.