1. Do you love, like or hate your job?
- Love it
2. What field of nursing are you in?
-Ortho, 1 year
3. Are you FT, PT, PD?
- FT/32 hrs
4. Do you look forward to going to work or dread it?
- Most of the time I do look forward to it, there are of course days where I am dragging a little.
5. What gives you the most job satisfaction?
My patients by far. Ortho is a speciality where most of the time we see patients come in for elective surgery and after a short stay they are walking out the door. My co-workers make my job enjoyable as well.
6. On a scale of 0-10 (0 being least stressful, 10 being most stressful) how stressed does your job make you?
- On average, I'd say 7
7. What causes you the most job stress?
-Nurse/patient ratios, taking care of multiple fresh post-ops, and FAMILY MEMBERS!!
8. What do you think could make your job better, so you get the most joy and satisfaction out of your work day?
-I wish I had more time to spend with my patients, but when you have 7 pts it is hard to give everyone the time I would like. As a night shift nurse, I wish we had more resources at night.