Going into the 2nd quarter. Things i've learned:
1. Study, for yourself. Some may not want to, and may not want it as bad. Do it for you.
2. Read. Your teachers are gonna tell you, we are telling you and you will hear it again. People have no idea how much it helps to READ the material.
3. Notecards should be a requirement for nursing school, because you can use them later to study for the NCLEX.
4. Be on time. Just be on time lol.
5. Don't... quit. You will want to. I wanted to one week, then the next week fell in LOVE with nursing. Don't quit.
6. Color. Amazingly enough, coloring the body parts and saying them to myself in A&P almost got me perfect scores. Then I read the processes of them and talked them out to myself while I colored. I still remember them! You can find nursing coloring books at Barnes and Nobles.
7. Believe. Believe you can do this because you can. Believe that things around you are going to try to stop you, but they will not.
8. Don't be the one to fail "handwashing" checkoff's lol. What I mean is, go home and actually practice the skills, in the little time you will have, because you will have little time.
9. Follow their rules, for now. You may know a better way, you may think it's stupid, but your license will be your license in the end. Just follow the rules to get through. And have integrity when you get out.
10. Forgive yourself. Nobody is perfect, please don't try to be in nursing school. Nursing school teaches you to be a Nurse, Educator, Barber, Hairstylist, Therapist, Organizer, CNA, Critical Thinker, and sooo much more. You will NOT be perfect.
Let me know if you want to know anything else! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!