Does anyone have a good way to remember, decorticate and decerebrate posturing. I know what they look like but always forget which is which.
Also, for cranial nerves I learned a picture-type mneumonic device where the "7's" faced eachother for the frame of the face, "1" was the nose, "2" were the eyes, "8" were the ears, I can't remember all of were everything went-anyone heard of this? and remember what it looked like?
1. Woman with systemic lupus can get pg after 5mo. of remission or 2yrs after first diagnosis.
2. 6mo: sit with support
8mo sits unsupported
9mo pulls self up, can say "mama" "dada"
3. Gemfibrozil (Lopid)- lipid lowering agent, se abd pain, gall stones. Take 30min ac. Check liver fxn tests.
4. Terbutaline (Brethine)- preferred over ritodrine (yutopar) b/c no BP s.e. S.E. include maternal tachycardia, nervousness, tremors, HA, pulm edema. Fetal s.e. tachycardia, hypoglycemia.
5. Ranitadine (zantac)- decreases acid production, Take HS, prevents stress ulcers (which are usually duodenal).
6. Pinworm testing- pinworms crawl outside the body first thing inthe am to lay their eggs. Collect specimen in am by touching scotch tape to childs anus.
7. Technique for removing abd dressing with penrose drain, remove gauze one layer at a time to avoid dislodging drain.