1. How long have you been a nurse?
2. What motivated you to choose nursing as a profession?
After being disillusioned in the corporate world in a high paying career, and then being a SAHM to my children, I wanted a job that would offer me part time, flexibility, and a chance to really make a difference in someone's day
3. What branch of nursing did you choose?
Med-surg, with emphasis on caring for post surgical patients
4. What is the most rewarding aspect of your job?
Really making a difference in someone's day or life, by being compassionate, meeting their needs, and having patients tell me how grateful they were to have me as their nurse
5. What is the least rewarding?
Dealing with obnoxious families. And for some reason, it is almost always the adult daughters that are the worst. It's moreso the patient's families that seem to have unrealistic expectations. They don't understand how hospitals function or what the nurses actually do.