Hello everyone, I'm sure things for you guys are crazy at the moment and I appreciate everything you've been doing. You guys rock. That being said I need to speak with health professionals regarding the standard of care concerning pressure ulcers and at the moment I am having difficulty finding people to speak too as they're a little preoccupied with this virus that's going around. I was wondering if you could take a few minutes out of your day to help this desperate student get some answers so I can pass my class. Any little bit you can provide me would help and I'd be very appreciative if you could just take a few minutes to answer these questions. Doesn't even have to be all of them if you don’t want. Thanks again
1. How big of a problem are pressure ulcers within your institution? If you had to rank all problems you guys face, where do PUs fall?
2. How do you currently prevent/manage pressure ulcers? Do you feel these methods are effective? If not, how do you feel they could be improved?
3. Who makes decisions regarding what supplies are ordered in the facility? Are you involved with these decisions? If so, what do you take into consideration when considering a product to purchase?
4. I’ve read that PUs can have an impact on Medicare ratings as well as reimbursement rates. How much focus or attention do you give that?
5. Have you ever faced any litigation relating to PUs? If unsure, can you put me in contact with someone who may be willing to discuss that?
6. Is there anyone else you think would like to discuss this topic with me?
7. Is there anything I haven’t asked you that I should have asked you