Hey UK Nurse,
Try NY, Florida, Washington DC or Oregon. I know UK nurses that have been able to get licence from these states. if you want to go through NY, u will need the 2f and 3f form which helps to speed up the process.
http://www.op.nysed.gov/pdffiles.htm#n and also call them they are very helpful.
These are the hours required for Florida
(a) Registered nursing programs:
1. 70 theory hours and 127 clinical hours in medical nursing,
2. 45 theory hours and 104 clinical hours in surgical nursing,
3. 31 theory hours and 44 clinical hours in obstetrical nursing,
4. 32 theory hours and 43 clinical hours in pediatric nursing; and,
5. 34 theory hours and 53 clinical hours in psychiatric/mental health nursing.
but they can be flexible at times if you done have enough hours.
King's college London offers a course that cost £5,500 for 16 weeks and you will be able to make up any hours required to sit NCLEX.
Also try using an agency, they will help with secure a job before arriving to US. AVANT, MEDPRO, PASSPORT USA and many more