Jump to content
lr1123

lr1123

Member Member
  • Joined:
  • Last Visited:
  • 39

    Content

  • 0

    Articles

  • 523

    Visitors

  • 0

    Followers

  • 0

    Points

lr1123's Latest Activity

  1. lr1123

    PNP VS NNP

    Thanks so much! This was very helpful!
  2. lr1123

    PNP VS NNP

    Hi! I wanted to know if it is possible to get my MSN as a PNP and then my DNP as an NNP. Does anyone know any colleges that do this? I know a lot of colleges have post-masters certificates in other NP specialties but I haven't seen any that give a DNP in another specialty. Any leads would be helpful! Thanks!
  3. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    Hi all! I started Fall 2019 so I am currently in the middle of my first semester. Overall, it has been going well! The majority of the professors are amazing and really care about the students. It is a lot of self-teaching so be prepared to do that! The workload is heavy but definitely manageable! Pm me with any questions you may have! Good luck!
  4. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    You can get it anytime before the start of the program. Many people applied and for accepted without it
  5. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    Hi, I don't know the school policy regarding units. I just wanted to let you know that they are super busy now with the incoming class that is starting in a few weeks but keep trying to email them and you will get a response. I'm not sure who you've been reaching out to but the person to contact is maria gallo, maria.gallo@mountsinai.org Good luck!
  6. lr1123

    PHILLIPS SCHOOL OF NURSING FALL 2019

    Hey, I am going there too! There's a whole thread already as well as a fb page under mount sinai absn fall 2019! The fb link is on pg two of that thread! Congrats on your acceptance! Leah
  7. lr1123

    ABSN Support Group

    Oh wow! I'm planning on reviewing those things as well over the summer. For now, I'm just finishing up one more prereq and trying to relax before the chaos of school happens! I know that ABSN programs are really intense so I am really nervous. I'm also scared that since it is a shorter time, I won't have enough time to master all the skills required for nursing....FIngers crossed tho!
  8. lr1123

    ABSN Support Group

    Hi! My program is 15 months and starts in August. I'm really nervous for it!!! Did you do anything to prepare for your program?
  9. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    Thanks for the info!
  10. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    The link is on page 2 of this forum! Congrats on your decision!! Can I ask what made you decide PSON?
  11. lr1123

    Phillips School at Mount Sinai Fall 2018 ABSN

    Hi Y'all, I got accepted and am starting the ABSN program this fall. I was wondering what y'all think of the program so far. You are probably half way through and was wondering your opinions? Thank you!
  12. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    The last semester is the semester of Fall 2020
  13. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    Got some more info about the program from Maria... The hybrid nature of the ABSN program means that approximately 70% of the classes are on site and the remaining 30% of the class work is done online. In some courses, classes may be held every other week and the schedule varies from semester to semester and from student to student. For example, the cohort group beginning this week only has classes Monday through Wednesday this semester Next semester, they may have classes 6 days a week since there will be 2 clinical courses per semester after the first semester. There are breaks between semesters, usually 1 or 2 weeks. There is also spring break during the spring semester. Going forward, the summer semester in 2020 will be reduced, allowing for more time off in August before the fall semester begins.
  14. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    Let me know if you end up doing it so we can support each other through it!
  15. lr1123

    Mount Sinai ABSN Fall 2019

    I'm from Rockland County. About an hour north of NYC
  16. lr1123

    ABSN Support Group

    Hi! I am starting this thread to try to unite nursing students who are enrolled in ABSN programs. I know regular nursing school is hard so an accelerated program is even harder! I am starting my program in August 2019. I want to hear from y'all the ups and downs of being in an accelerated program. Hopefully we can all support each other through it together!
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.