Please, International RN's step..

by winnie8824 winnie8824 (New) New


I have a currently RN license in california.

I graduated nursing school at the other country, tested nclex and became a RN.

I'd like to be a CRNA.

I didn't have a BSN degree.

Do I have to RN to MSN for CRNA?

what is the steps for CRNA to international RN?

Please, advise me.

Thanks all !

meanmaryjean, DNP, RN

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia. Has 45 years experience. 7,899 Posts

First, get your BSN

Next, 2-5 years of solid ICU experience

THEN, CRNA school.



1,374 Posts

Not all (if any) schools require a BSN. Since you're already an RN, a degree in chemistry, physics or math would be pretty competitive with the better schools, I'd think. Most applicants have BSN's and one of the above with a respectable GPA would be quite respectable.

Not sure what "international RN" means, but CRNA's in the US are the most advanced non-physician anesthesia providers in the world. CRNA's here do things that anesthesiologists in other parts of the world do not do. Stay here.


traumaRUs, MSN, APRN, CNS

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU. Has 30 years experience. 164 Articles; 21,143 Posts

Moved to student NP forum



Specializes in ICU, NICU. Has 10+ years experience. 53 Posts

You should also look into which schools you want to apply to to get their requirements. Some schools do not accept international applicants. Or applicants that have studied outside the US