Pearson Vue Trick - Good pop-up?

Updated | Posted
by SarahC_RN_BSN SarahC_RN_BSN, RN Member Nurse

Specializes in Pediatrics.

You are reading page 2 of Pearson Vue Trick - Good pop-up?. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

cxitlen

cxitlen

3 Posts

Hi!

I am in the same boat as you, I took my NCLEX yesterday (5/30). However, I got 81 questions before it cut me off. I went to my car and SOBBED LOL. I was POSITIVE I failed. It took 4 hours after I left the testing center to get the email saying that I took my NCLEX, I tried doing the PVT before I got the email and it gave me the whole thing about having an active registration open. As soon as I got the email, I did the PVT again and much to my surprise, I got the good pop up. I have done the PVT a few more times (including like 20 mins ago, so over 30 hours since I submitted my exam) and I am still getting the good pop up. I'm PRAYING that the BON updates tomorrow because I am sick to my stomach with anxiety. I know I should be reassured by the good pop up but I'm preparing for the worst.

SarahC_RN_BSN

SarahC_RN_BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatrics. 16 Posts

27 minutes ago, cxitlen said:

Hi!

I am in the same boat as you, I took my NCLEX yesterday (5/30). However, I got 81 questions before it cut me off. I went to my car and SOBBED LOL. I was POSITIVE I failed. It took 4 hours after I left the testing center to get the email saying that I took my NCLEX, I tried doing the PVT before I got the email and it gave me the whole thing about having an active registration open. As soon as I got the email, I did the PVT again and much to my surprise, I got the good pop up. I have done the PVT a few more times (including like 20 mins ago, so over 30 hours since I submitted my exam) and I am still getting the good pop up. I'm PRAYING that the BON updates tomorrow because I am sick to my stomach with anxiety. I know I should be reassured by the good pop up but I'm preparing for the worst.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one feeling this way! It’s definitely very anxiety-inducing ? I felt the same way, thinking there’s no way I passed that... But that good pop-up gave me a little hope, so I could get at least a little bit of sleep last night haha!? Best of luck to you, I hope both of our results come back as a pass ?

SarahC_RN_BSN

SarahC_RN_BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatrics. 16 Posts

UPDATE 6/1: YALLLLLL my quick results came in an hour early and I PASSED!! Lord knows how, but I feel so BLESSED right now! Thank you all for your responses and words of encouragement!

cxitlen

cxitlen

3 Posts

Just now, Sarah Caswell said:

UPDATE 6/1: YALLLLLL my quick results came in an hour early and I PASSED!! Lord knows how, but I feel so BLESSED right now! Thank you all for your responses and words of encouragement!

I passed too!! I am still in SHOCK LOL I keep checking my license # to see if it goes away... it hasn’t so far ?

SarahC_RN_BSN

SarahC_RN_BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatrics. 16 Posts

6 minutes ago, cxitlen said:

I passed too!! I am still in SHOCK LOL I keep checking my license # to see if it goes away... it hasn’t so far ?

YAYYY CONGRATS! Same here haha!

IJEOMA12

IJEOMA12

82 Posts

Happy for you all, and what clue can you all share that helped so, others that are preparing can benefit please.

Congratulations to you all.

SarahC_RN_BSN

SarahC_RN_BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatrics. 16 Posts

3 minutes ago, IJEOMA12 said:

Happy for you all, and what clue can you all share that helped so, others that are preparing can benefit please.

Congratulations to you all.

Thank you! Sure thing!

I only had about a week and a half to intensely study. Before that though, I was using PassPoint and the NCLEX Mastery app to do practice questions throughout my last few semesters. Once I started studying after graduation, I used Hurst Review (the self-paced version). That’s pretty much it... Reviewed my lab values before I went into the test on the morning of and that was it!

One thing I wish I had done was review meds a little more, just because I had focused on the most common ones for each disease process and of course none of my med questions were from those!

Hurst Review helped mostly with the prioritization and delegation questions, which there were a LOT OF.

Thats all the advice I have really. Oh, and take it ASAP after you graduate! All the info is still fresh, and you’ll get a little relaxation time before you start working ?

H to the R dizzle

H to the R dizzle

Has 5 years experience. 108 Posts

I take it on 18 m so nervous what do u recommend my weak areas are ob

SarahC_RN_BSN

SarahC_RN_BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatrics. 16 Posts

7 minutes ago, H to the R dizzle said:

I take it on 18 m so nervous what do u recommend my weak areas are ob

You can do it!! I used Hurst review which was a nice refresher of OB! It basically went over every major subject and broke down the main points. I’ve also heard UWorld is good. Also lots of practice questions! You can know the information like the back of your hand, but applying it to NCLEX style questions is a whole other story!

mkam36

mkam36

Has 1 years experience. 33 Posts

Congratulations y'all! I take the NCLEX-RN on the 11th! I took it to get my LVN license last year so I don't feel as nervous this time around but ... not sure that's a good thing either ?

The trick worked for me last time so I'll be doing it again! So ready to get it done and out of the way!

Edited by mkam36

SarahC_RN_BSN

SarahC_RN_BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatrics. 16 Posts

1 hour ago, mkam36 said:

Congratulations y'all! I take the NCLEX-RN on the 11th! I took it to get my LVN license last year so I don't feel as nervous this time around but ... not sure that's a good thing either ?

The trick worked for me last time so I'll be doing it again! So ready to get it done and out of the way!

Thank you and good luck ? You got this!