Dangerous air conditions?

  1. I know a patient who told me about a clinic she visits where the whole place smells like chemo, the nurses all appear to have allergies (sneezing, red runny noses, itching, etc), and apparently an incorrect air conditioner apparatus needed for chemo facilities. She complained to management who is refusing to fix the situation. Are there agencies that oversee this stuff? OSHA? ACCA (spelling?)? JCAHO?
  2. Visit phosphorus profile page

    About phosphorus

    Joined: Sep '09; Posts: 59; Likes: 32
    Med-surg RN


  3. by   Always_Learning
    I believe OSHA would be the one to handle concerns about unsafe working conditions.
  4. by   heron
    She should also check with the local health department or whomever licenses the clinic. Most places have regulations about the physical plant that may include adequate ventilation.