Question about Texas license

  1. I have a question regarding application for a Texas license from another state. A co worker asked regarding moving from Louisiana to Texas after completing the recovering nurse program and having 6 yrs. sobriety. Does the Texas BON accept the fact that a nurse has completed the previous states program or do you have to start over in TPAPN?

  2. Visit sissiesmama profile page

    About sissiesmama

    Joined: Feb '07; Posts: 2,832; Likes: 3,314
    RNC; from LA , US
    Specialty: 22 year(s) of experience in ER, TRAUMA, MED-SURG


  3. by   TazziRN
    In CA you may have to go through their probation program for three years, just as though a new grad with a DUI in the history would, so yes, it's possible TX may do the same thing. The determining factor in CA would be "How long ago did this happen?"
  4. by   Silverdragon102
    This is really only something that the TX BON can answer.

    Good luck to your friend and congrats to her on 6 years sobriety