Newman University 2019 Applicants

Updated | Posted
by brookalyn brookalyn, BSN, RN Member Nurse

Specializes in MICU/SICU. Has 5 years experience.

Erin_love2020

Erin_love2020

26 Posts

I've applied this cycle! I'll be honest, I felt some confusion with the switch from DNP back to MSNA and the date changes, etc but I finally have everything submitted & am anxious to hear about interviews. Like you, I've heard it's very competitive and the interview is supposedly one of the toughest. The anticipation makes it feel like a very long wait. I know some schools have already sent acceptance letters & we haven't even reached the submission deadline for Newman yet.

Glad you started this thread! :)

2015RNgrad

2015RNgrad

Specializes in Labor and delivery, ICU. Has 2+ years experience. 44 Posts

I'll be reapplying! I had an interview there last year and yes, it was very tough.

Edited by 2015RNgrad

VGKRN

VGKRN, BSN

Has 5 years experience. 16 Posts

I just finished my application there as well! I’ve applied to a couple other schools, but still waiting to hear back.

brookalyn

brookalyn, BSN, RN

Specializes in MICU/SICU. Has 5 years experience. 108 Posts

Good luck to you all! I’ve heard studying CCRN prep material and pharmacology for your frequently used drips is helpful for the interview.

novaczech

novaczech

35 Posts

I just sent off all of my documents and whatnot. I haven't heard anything about what kind of questions they ask during the interview, though. can anyone offer any insight?

brookalyn

brookalyn, BSN, RN

Specializes in MICU/SICU. Has 5 years experience. 108 Posts

On 10/26/2019 at 9:34 PM, novaczech said:

I just sent off all of my documents and whatnot. I haven't heard anything about what kind of questions they ask during the interview, though. can anyone offer any insight?

People I have known to have been accepted into their program studied the CCRN study material. They also studied commonly used medications that was specific to their patient populations. Don't bring up something in your interview you can't explain. It's okay to be honest if you don't know something. Trust your bedside experience and be confident in yourself that you were selected for an interview.

I'm only waiting on one more reference and working up the courage to submit my personal statement!

Erin_love2020

Erin_love2020

26 Posts

15 hours ago, brookalyn said:

People I have known to have been accepted into their program studied the CCRN study material. They also studied commonly used medications that was specific to their patient populations. Don't bring up something in your interview you can't explain. It's okay to be honest if you don't know something. Trust your bedside experience and be confident in yourself that you were selected for an interview.

I'm only waiting on one more reference and working up the courage to submit my personal statement!

Getting courage to submit the personal statement was the most challenging part for me too!

brookalyn

brookalyn, BSN, RN

Specializes in MICU/SICU. Has 5 years experience. 108 Posts

Today I noticed they extended the application deadline to December... ?

novaczech

novaczech

35 Posts

On 11/4/2019 at 8:56 PM, brookalyn said:

Today I noticed they extended the application deadline to December... ?

Maybe they're having trouble filling spots since it's a masters program still. could be good for us.

Erin_love2020

Erin_love2020

26 Posts

Well that’s disappointing because it felt like we were ALMOST THERE. Hopefully it works in our favor. I can’t imagine them not having enough applicants but I also can’t think of any other reason to extend the deadline

brookalyn

brookalyn, BSN, RN

Specializes in MICU/SICU. Has 5 years experience. 108 Posts

Hello all! I emailed the admin assistant and she said we can possibly hear back about interviews on December 20th, but not to hold her to that. They are looking at doing interviews mid-late January. We're getting closer!