Latest Comments by Christime

Christime 513 Views

Joined: Apr 14, '06; Posts: 2 (0% Liked)

Sorted By Last Comment (Max 500)
  • 0

    You can get an immigration visa as a skilled worker,but that does not automatically mean that you will be registered as a nurse. In order to get that you have to contact the regulatory body of nursing in the province you plan to move to ( e.g. College of Nurses of Ontario) and they wil outline all the requirements you'll have to pass in order to get your certificate of competence. sometimes it is just translated collegetranscripts, or a language skill test , but some Provinces require a refresher program at an accredited University.
    In either case, an immigration lawer with experience in immigrating nurses is a good idea.
    Good luck!!! Christine ( came from Germany to Canada in '98)

  • 0

    First time here, great site... been Nursing since '88 (old cow) and I'm currently working in Canada. Looking forward to hear from you guys.