Jump to content

Loyola University Chicago ABSN 2021

School Programs   (1,502 Views | 39 Replies)

167 Profile Views; 29 Posts

Hey guys! I know the application opened not too long ago and I just wanted to start this thread for everyone that is planning to or have already applied 🙂 Hope to hear from everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 Posts; 141 Profile Views

I am almost done with my application - just have one more recommendation that needs to be completed. Other than that, ready! Any idea on how quick they turn around decisions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 Posts; 167 Profile Views

On 4/24/2020 at 11:39 AM, careerchanger said:

I am almost done with my application - just have one more recommendation that needs to be completed. Other than that, ready! Any idea on how quick they turn around decisions?

So I talk to my advisor frequently, and she told me about 2-4 weeks. They have a quick turnaround time because they've already "screened" our potential so through conversation, they've been able to gather enough information for a holistic approach 🙂 Did you apply to anywhere else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 Posts; 141 Profile Views

Yes I'm looking at a number of programs: University of Miami, Northeastern, Emory, Rush, DePaul, Duke, and Johns Hopkins. What about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 Posts; 167 Profile Views

3 hours ago, careerchanger said:

Yes I'm looking at a number of programs: University of Miami, Northeastern, Emory, Rush, DePaul, Duke, and Johns Hopkins. What about you?

I also applied to U of Miami, George Washington, Duke & U of Rochester. I was also seriously considering the Master's Entry route also as my goal is a PNP, but I really wanted to be part of a pediatric nurse residency first so I decided on the ABSN route instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 Posts; 141 Profile Views

That's awesome. Best of luck! I'm leaning towards the ABSN route so that I can get into the field quicker- I want to become a WHNP/CNM so getting some hands on experience in the field first is ideal for me. 

I've been reaching out to the admissions advisor and seem to be struggling to get a reply recently- have you run into this issue? Just want to make sure they have everything they need!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 Posts; 167 Profile Views

On 4/28/2020 at 11:37 AM, careerchanger said:

That's awesome. Best of luck! I'm leaning towards the ABSN route so that I can get into the field quicker- I want to become a WHNP/CNM so getting some hands on experience in the field first is ideal for me. 

I've been reaching out to the admissions advisor and seem to be struggling to get a reply recently- have you run into this issue? Just want to make sure they have everything they need!

Yes, I have! I have sent back to back emails probably within the last two weeks. I needed clarity about the two different campuses (because I want the hybrid Maywood program) and I have no idea if that's what I selected on my app. I have completed my application. Do you want a screenshot of the checklist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 28 Profile Views

I am applying with just under a 3.0. Thought it might be worth a shot, even though 3.0 is a requirement. 

Hopeful!

On 4/29/2020 at 10:49 AM, toriexoxo1 said:

Yes, I have! I have sent back to back emails probably within the last two weeks. I needed clarity about the two different campuses (because I want the hybrid Maywood program) and I have no idea if that's what I selected on my app. I have completed my application. Do you want a screenshot of the checklist? 

I don't think the hybrid program is offered on Maywood's campus as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 Posts; 141 Profile Views

I still haven't heard anything from the admissions advisor and I'm starting to get nervous. Have any of you heard back yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 28 Profile Views

1 minute ago, careerchanger said:

I still haven't heard anything from the admissions advisor and I'm starting to get nervous. Have any of you heard back yet?

just emailed the director today. I guess she got a promotion in the last month or so cause she was an advisor before that. nothing yet.

Edited by ojz92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 Posts; 167 Profile Views

2 hours ago, careerchanger said:

I still haven't heard anything from the admissions advisor and I'm starting to get nervous. Have any of you heard back yet?

I haven't heard anything back yet and my advisor has not replied to me either been though she said decisions would take 2 weeks. have you anticipated on what you are going to do in case two different programs accept you at different times? cause you know of the 30 days we have to secure our spot in a program? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 Posts; 141 Profile Views

I received a blanket email this morning from the advisor letting me know that Spring 2021 apps are now open. Interesting -- they likely haven't even started looking at applications if they didn't consider the cycle to be open yet. Hopefully we'll start hearing in the next few weeks if everything is already submitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.