Job Advice for the USA


I am currently a registered nurse in England and am moving to USA soon and will be preparing for the NCLEX then.

Until I get my visa and work permit sorted out, I just needed advice on temporary jobs that I can apply for that will give me a bit of the health care experience and does not require registration or license.


439 Posts

Specializes in ED. Has 7 years experience.

You will still need a work visa, even for a temporary job.

Editorial Team / Admin

Silverdragon102, BSN

1 Article; 39,477 Posts

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 35 years experience.

Moved to the International forum

Without knowing what work visa you are applying for it is hard to say what you can do. However as mentioned in the previous post without the work visa you can not work

allnurses Guide

ghillbert, MSN, NP

3,796 Posts

Specializes in CTICU. Has 27 years experience.

Agree - you may not even volunteer in many roles without the correct visa as this is considered "work" (even if you don't get paid), if it's a job anyone ever gets paid for.

On what basis do you plan to 'move to US' if visa is not yet sorted out?