What to do after passing NCLEX

  1. Hi there! I passed NCLEX last november 18 and I am wondering on what to do next? Am I going to contact NJ state board of nursing for my license? please help thanks!:spin:
  2. Visit aeonflux14 profile page

    About aeonflux14

    Joined: Jan '06; Posts: 31; Likes: 4


  3. by   lawrence01
    Congrats on passing the NCLEX.
  4. by   Silverdragon102
    Congratulations on passing NCLEX.

    What do you want to do? Have you found on employer to petition GC? You are aware you are affected by retrogression and a while to move forward? finally arrange for you VSC with ICHP and pass any English exams
  5. by   dave787
    i agree with the posting above as you can observe also at the USCIS website theres no movement for the I140 processing so i guess employer are not that interested this time to invest while waiting for so long to hire nurses.
  6. by   aeonflux14
    Thanks Lawrence, Silverdragon 102 and Dave 23..I already have my Visa Screen and my I-140 was approved August of last year. My employer told me to wait for my schedule at the embassy.Well, I am not expecting anymore because I'm aware of the retrogression issue.To all nurses affected of retrogression, please don't lose hope let's just keep on praying.
  7. by   suzanne4
    NJ will not issue a license to you until you are in the US and have been issued a SSN# and are ready to begin to work.

    There is no reason to contact them at this time. Congratulations on passing the NCLEX exam.

    And just to clear up a few things, the reason that this poster has a pending petition is the fact that they wrote the CGFNS exam and passed it; otherwise they could not have a pending petition if they just passed the NCLEX exam.
  8. by   diapersprinkles
    after passing the nclex, do i have to find an employer first before i apply for visa screen? or i could do both the same time?

    how do i find an employer in the US if i'm not there? how will i apply in hospitals in the US if i'm here? do hospitals accept online applications? what are the chances for us foreign graduates to be employed there?

    i applied for licensure in new mexico. do i have to look for an employer there in new mexico or will any employer in other compact states suffice?

    i'm sorry for having a lot of questions... i'm just confused. thank you.
  9. by   suzanne4
    You do not hold a compact license, as you do not have legal residency in the US; your license is only valid for NM and no other state. So if not going to work in NM, then you will need to get a license for the state where you wish to work. But before you do anything like that, you need to be aware of the fact that the US is under a retrogression and you are looking at more than five years for a chance at a green card. You also need to take and pass one of the series of English exams before you can get the Visa Screen Certificate. You do not need to have an employer to do this. I personally would wait since the VSC in only valid for five years and you would more that likely need to renew that before having a chance at a visa for the US.

    I suggest that you take the time to do some reading here about what is happening in the US. It is getting harder to find a petitioner as most do not want to wait for five years as well as the fact that they need to prove that they were unable to hire an American for the job. With the economy the way that it is, it is going to be hard to prove this as well. Check out the Primer at the top of this forum as well for more information that you need to be aware of.

    Would recommend that you look at other countries for getting experience before thinking of the US.

    Best of luck to you.
  10. by   diapersprinkles
    thank you for your advice suzanne!

    too bad i already paid for application in new mexico.

    can i apply for licensure at new mexico and california at the same time? does that mean i have to take NCLEX twice?
  11. by   Silverdragon102
    Do not apply to Ca. They will destroy your file after 3 years and it will take longer than that to get out there. If Ca is your final destination then apply there once you know you are getting ready to move there or once there and you have a SSN as you need a license to work and Ca will not give you one without a SSN