Jump to content

I didn't get into bridging, now what?

CA Programs   (762 Views | 7 Replies)

stonepod has 3 years experience .

339 Profile Views; 36 Posts

I didn't get accepted into bridging because some of my grades in one semester were below 70% average, failed patho the first time, and a 3.26/4.0 GPA. 

I've been out of school since Spring 2019 and I can't seem to find a job. I'm looking into doing some certificate programs but with COVID19, this seems impossible. 

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Should I try again next year? Should I try to enroll in university electives to be used towards my GPA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

214 Posts; 1,976 Profile Views

If your endgame is RN, try again next year but also take 1-2 courses or get a certificate. I would also apply to more programs if you didn't do so the first time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 Posts; 508 Profile Views

.

Edited by yellowblueberries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kim1l has 1 years experience.

74 Posts; 506 Profile Views

You cannot find a RPN job? There’s crazy jobs right now with this pandemic happening. Most RPNs are also limited to working at only one facility to limit the spread of covid so lots of openings are available. 

Edited by kim1l

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stonepod has 3 years experience.

36 Posts; 339 Profile Views

12 hours ago, kim1l said:

You cannot find a RPN job? There’s crazy jobs right now with this pandemic happening. Most RPNs are also limited to working at only one facility to limit the spread of covid so lots of openings are available. 

unfortunately, all the jobs I am seeing are too far from downtown Toronto and they are in LTC. I am hoping for a hospital job. I understand that this struggle is mainly due to my own restrictions. 

16 hours ago, yellowblueberries said:

.

I am sad you deleted your comment because everything you said is so true!! 

20 hours ago, Khow89 said:

If your endgame is RN, try again next year but also take 1-2 courses or get a certificate. I would also apply to more programs if you didn't do so the first time around.

I am worried the certificate I am currently doing won't be done in time to apply in Jan 2021, but you are right, I should apply to more schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 286 Profile Views

was your cumulative final GPA 3.26 or was it for that one semester?

I've heard from staff and other students that Nipissing does offer bridging- I didn't do much research but a lot of people I know who didn't pass pharma or patho the first time still got accepted to Nippissing. The school is in alberta but you have the option to do your "clinicals" at the current workplace (if you're working at a hospital/LTC that is allowed by Nipissing). I don't know much but I suggest you email them for further information!

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kim1l has 1 years experience.

74 Posts; 506 Profile Views

7 hours ago, ocanadanurse said:

was your cumulative final GPA 3.26 or was it for that one semester?

I've heard from staff and other students that Nipissing does offer bridging- I didn't do much research but a lot of people I know who didn't pass pharma or patho the first time still got accepted to Nippissing. The school is in alberta but you have the option to do your "clinicals" at the current workplace (if you're working at a hospital/LTC that is allowed by Nipissing). I don't know much but I suggest you email them for further information!

Hope this helps.

Nipissing University is in North Bay, Ontario, not Alberta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 286 Profile Views

9 minutes ago, kim1l said:

Nipissing University is in North Bay, Ontario, not Alberta.

Sorry I meant athabasca u!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.