Jump to content

Got job offer but worried I'll lose it?

I got a job offer over the phone for my dream hospital in a different state so of course I took it! The hr person asked me to get my license endorsed in the correct state so I overnighted the papers to,the respective bons. Now I guess it's just the waiting game which is making me super nervous since nothing is in writing. Is this common for employers to be willing to wait? Do they frequently withdraw offers if your license is taking too long? Any advice so I'm not forgotten by hr and the floor manager? Freaking out because I don't want to lose this job! >.

HouTx, BSN, MSN, EdD

Specializes in Critical Care, Education. Has 35 years experience.

It all depends - upon the nature of their local applicant pool. If you have some qualities (BSN, for example) that is not readily available for them, they will be more amenable.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how it works out for you.


Specializes in Medical/Oncology.

I think after you applied for the license endorsement, you will be able to get a temp permit that can last up to 90 days while you are waiting.

I'm also applying for license endorsement as well. I've did everything but the fingerprinting for the criminal background check.

I checked the state BON that I applied to for endorsement and saw my temp permit number. I think you will be able to practice nursing with the permit. Best of luck to you.

Edited by whatsmyusername_RN


By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.