When I graduate I am going to..... - page 2
Let's have a stress break here. If you are like me you have a list a mile long of things you have put on the back burner while in school. When I graduate I am going to..... 1. Clean the damn... Read More
Nov 13, '06Occupation: ER RN Specialty: Emergency/Trauma ; Joined: Sep '05; Posts: 114; Likes: 25Thanks guys, I really needed this thread today to remind me why I'm hanging on for 6 more long months!
Ok, not after I graduate, but after I pass the NCLEX (I'll be studying until then), I will:
1. Sleep and sleep...
2. Make that chocolate cake I've been craving for so long...
3. Lose this nursing school weight (OK, maybe after I finish the cake!)
4. Sleep some more...
5. Get that EMT job I miss so badly
6. Work as an EMT and a RN to pay off these ever-piling loans and bills
7. Enjoy doing nothing on my days off!
8. Enjoy my work, I've worked really really hard to get here and I know I love nursing, so I'm looking forward to working as a nurse!
Thanks again for starting this, I needed it!
Nov 13, '06Occupation: RN Case Manager Specialty: Med/Surg, Hospice ; Joined: Aug '05; Posts: 553; Likes: 1921. Read for fun
2. Put in a garden and actually keep it alive
3. Cook supper again
4. Get out of debt
5. Subscribe to a magazine that has nothing to do with nursing
6. Watch movies
Nov 13, '06Occupation: Paramedic Specialty: 23 year(s) of experience in Peds Cardiology, Peds Neuro, PICU, IV Jedi ; From: US ; Joined: Jul '05; Posts: 1,084; Likes: 4661. Do a long victory dance-that'll be one for America's Funniest Videos
2. Scream like never before
3. Take the family somewhere really cool for vacation
4. Buy a home
5. Buy a little something for myself, perhaps a Suzuki SV 650.
Oh, yeah...and cry my eyes out thanking God for the strength to finish.
Nov 13, '06Occupation: pre-nursing student Joined: Apr '06; Posts: 184Well I am a good 3.5 years away, but I know one thing I am going to do when I graduate (and many times before!) and that is go on a shopping spree!
Nov 13, '06Occupation: Administrative Assistant From: US ; Joined: Oct '06; Posts: 171) Finally get married to the love of my life
2) Take a backpacking trip from the US to Tierra del Fuego
3) Give myself a Total Makeover
4) Shop 'till I drop for all I've had to do without
Nov 13, '06Occupation: Dialysis Nurse Specialty: 8 year(s) of experience in dialysis ; Joined: Apr '06; Posts: 830; Likes: 791In no particular order........
1. Go on lots of interviews all over the country and find a new, interesting place to live.
2. Get my eyebrows waxed.
3. Quit smoking. I had quit 5 years ago and started again when nursing school started. Dagumit.
4. Get my own apartment and buy new furniture.
5. Start working on my bachelor's degree.
6. A vacation? Maybe. That might have to wait until after the BS degree.
7. Make some friends. It has been ages since I've had a social life.
8. Bake bread.
9. Spend more time with my family.
10. Actually celebrate Christmas with decorations, presents (once I can afford them) and a big dinner prepared by me.
11. Get a dog.
Nov 13, '06Occupation: MICU Specialty: 15 year(s) of experience in Critical Care ; From: US ; Joined: Jun '06; Posts: 163; Likes: 4When I finish my RN-BSN program 3/07 I plan to:
go on a cruise
paint the inside of my house
clean out closets
learn how to sell on ebay ( to get rid of the junk in the closets)
start an exercise program
work on advancing in my career ladder at work
Nov 13, '06Specialty: 2 year(s) of experience in Emergency ; From: CA ; Joined: May '05; Posts: 558; Likes: 1091. Go on a graduation celebration cruise
2. Study for Canadian RN Exam
3. Study for NCLEX
4. Find a good ER job
5. Take as many emerg-courses as I can
6. Start looking into paramedic school
7. Get a steady gym partner & schedule
8. Start planning my next vacation!
Nov 13, '06Occupation: Registered Nurse Specialty: 6 year(s) of experience in Infectious Disease ; From: US ; Joined: Jan '04; Posts: 466; Likes: 291.) Grab a glass of white merlot, a steamy historical romance novel, and take a LOOONG bubble bath.
2.) Study for NCLEX and PASS!!!
3.) Hire a cleaning lady.
4.) Make a deposit on my family's Disney Cruise vacation.
5.) Take my kids to the bus stop every morning.
6.) Volunteer to chaperone all of their class strips and to be a guest reader for my youngest son's class.
7.) Buy my favorite bras from Victoria's Secret instead of my cheapie specials.
8.) Pay off some debt and SAVE!!!
Nov 13, '06Occupation: MICU/SICU Specialty: CCRN, TNCC SRNA ; Joined: Jan '06; Posts: 133; Likes: 13I will complete the RN-BSN crossover in April so..
1. SLEEP! I think I will do that for about two days!
2. Go to England (visit)
4. Study for GRE (I would like to be a CRNA someday)
Nov 13, '06Specialty: L & D ; Joined: Oct '04; Posts: 233; Likes: 49Quote from vamedic4I'll agree with you on this!! Whenever I even think about graduating (in May), I burst into tears. This is the most emotionally challenging thing I've ever done in my life, and I'll be so relieved when it is over. God, my wonderful husband, two sweet little girls and my very helpful mom are all responsible for my success!Oh, yeah...and cry my eyes out thanking God for the strength to finish. vamedic4
If I get the job I really want, the 12 week full-time orientation will begin a few weeks after graduation. Before then I will:
1. Take a family vacation to Hilton Head, SC - our favorite place on earth!
2. Spend a day at the spa.
3. Catch up on my sleep.
4. Have a bonfire to destroy that horrible "cafeteria lady"-looking nursing school uniform!!
Nov 14, '06Joined: Jan '05; Posts: 203; Likes: 24This is a good post!! I have it all planned out as well ladies and gentleman!!!!!!!!!!
1. Reward myself with a brand new car!!
2. Pay off any remaining debt or student loans
3. Purchase a condo
4. Be able to shop in the day time!!!
5. Hopefully settle down and meet the man of my dreams!
6. Go on a cruise for the first time!!
Nov 14, '06Joined: Nov '05; Posts: 893; Likes: 2601. Go to the bathroom when I have the urge.
2. Eat hot food.
3. Return two years' worth of phone calls and emails.
4. Shave my legs.